Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
The Business Development Associate role is key to increasing revenue and opportunities for the sales division. This role will be responsible for remote selling of IP Services within a designated territory, maximizing up sell at existing accounts and prospecting net new logo customers. In addition, this role will work to generate viable leads for the Sales Consultants and Account Managers by initiating calls with potential clients, validating opportunities, following up on leads and setting appointments for the field team with potential leads for Derwent Innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives revenue growth of IP Services by meeting or exceeding new sales goals on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Achieves inside sales activity objectives including dials, successful calls and lead generation.
- Pursues net new business through a high volume of strategic prospecting and account development.
- Analyzes client needs and develop strategies tailored to each organization.
- Maintains, develops and grows a rigorous pipeline, with accurate forecasting.
- Negotiates and closes business segment customer orders.
- Creates and manages a territory development plan and reports on results.
- Utilizes knowledge of intellectual property to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote business growth in the corporation and to lift growth in Derwent revenues.
- Contributes to the development of new sales revenues and client retention by identifying potential sales and retention opportunities, conducting pre-sales calls, delivering customized presentations, and providing subject-matter expertise.
- Builds strong “trust” relationships with clients, creating trust and confidence at multiple levels, including users, key contacts, managers and business leaders, to increase revenue and sales opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify cross-sell opportunities.
- Captures and records customer information and sales activity data into customer relationship management (CRM) system and appropriate business systems.
- Maintains and reports regularly on a pipeline of sales activity, revenue forecasts and closing timetables.
- Operates as an integral member of the sales team, contributing skills and knowledge to the development of accounts.
- Obtains competitive information during daily contacts and distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
- Proactively work with internal support groups to ensure a coordinated and effective sales effort.
- Responsible for achieving set lead generation and lead qualification targets. Responsible in achieving a specified ratio in regards to the amount of qualified leads that result in sales.
- Assist field team to drive revenue by contacting existing and prospective clients to preliminary assess need(s), promote special sales programs, solicit subscription renewals and arrange for the sales consultant to meet with the client
- Explore and document customer challenges.
- Achieve individual appointment goals on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Derwent products, special sales programs and marketing efforts within the sales division.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- University Degree required
- Prior intellectual property knowledge and familiarity with the patents lifecycle is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience in inside sales or consultative selling environment
- Proven track record of successful prospecting and consistent achievement of targets in a complex sales environment
- Proven consultative sales abilities in law firms or legal departments of corporations
- Knowledge of SPIN and/or Miller Heiman sales methodologies preferred
- Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence all levels within an organization; willingness to collaborate and bring in appropriate resources to close sales
- Assimilates new information readily and is able to apply this knowledge within a customer organization
- Ability to consult with and advise customers in order to identify their needs and apply knowledge to understand customer workflows and what is important to their business; including best practice sharing
- Comfortable building ROI calculations, and demonstrating value through pay-back/financial assumptions.
- Excellent organizational skills-ability to manage multi-stage process pipeline
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must have strong presentation, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and time management skills
- Desire to learn and grow with an evolving organization a must. Focus on professional development will be key
- Solid knowledge of computers and business software applications.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.