What you’ll be doing...
The Global Professional Services (PS) organization provides consulting, design, implementation, and management to Verizon’s Enterprise, Medium Business, and Government customers. The Business Consulting Principal (BCP) may be aligned to a particular vertical market or cross-vertical, and is responsible for driving Advanced Communication Cx/Dx Customer Experience Solutions and PS revenue. The Business Consulting Principal is responsible for establishing strong and mutually beneficial business partner relationships with senior level executives among premier Verizon customers. Their overarching objective is to gain strategic insight into the clients’ business operation to identify the potential for Verizon solutions to identified business requirements that will result in increased revenue generation.
This self-driven individual will provide oversight of pre-sales and post-sales Verizon Unified Communications, Contact Centre and Advanced Network technologies, engineering, contracting, and ordering process to ensure that our customers receive cohesive support from concept, through the sales process, into Professional Services (PS) delivery, with ownership of the ongoing PS/customer relationship. This mission-critical Verizon Professional Services resource must possess high technical aptitude and effective customer-facing skillsets/personality to represent Verizon Professional Services in on-site and remote sales and design meetings, collaborate with and guide internal sales and account teams, and follow business and process initiatives related to new and ongoing PS delivery projects. Additionally, this business, and multi-technology consultant must provide strategic guidance for pre-sales opportunity identification, clarify requirements based on customer input, provide advisory support to pre-sales design engineers, awareness of PS implementation orders and cutovers as they relate to customer business strategy, and synthesize post-implementation feedback/experience into improvements of customer relationship and future opportunities.
This individual must be able to facilitate internal and customer-facing (remote and on-site) advisory and discovery meetings, provide weekly executive level status reports, interface directly with customer buyers and builders including their executives, and maintain direct relationships between Verizon PS and the customer. This role requires a multi-technology (UC, CC, Adv Nets) aware consultant with a good understanding of peripheral UC/CC/Adv Nets technologies and dependencies.
Responsibilities and duties
- Contribute to developing and documenting practice working processes/practices and frameworks.
- To stay informed and maintain expertise in the relevant subject matter areas.
- To work closely with account teams, sales engineers, solutions consultants and customers to promote and identify opportunities for Professional Services.
- Own and author proposals and statements of work – working with subject matter experts.
- To own and execute on pre-sales consulting engagements across the full lifecycle (from initial consultation and discovery to scoping, level of effort generation and authoring SOWs and Proposals) including:
- Presentation of capability.
- Thought leadership.
- Problem analysis and requirements capture.
- Business case development.
- Detailed discovery at strategic, business and technology levels.
- Cost / Effort estimation.
- Predict, measure, monitor and present outcomes.
- Produce quality deliverables in demanding timescales.
- Be an ambassador for Professional Services throughout the organization and amongst clients and partners.
- Mentor other team members.
- Work with minimal supervision as an individual contributor and as lead for PS pre-sales consulting.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree or equivalent experience.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of UC/CC systems architectures and the underlying converged and advanced network infrastructures working in a complex/global environment.
- High quality customer-facing inter-personal skills.
- Strong people/communications skills (e.g. ability to inspire, provide clear direction, gain buy-in, defuse conflict, empathize, educate).
- Ability to be a self-starter / self-driven individual with refined and focused organization / self-management skills.
- Comfort working in highly professional and fast-paced schedule.
- Capability of guiding customer leaders and account teams toward effective solutions via focused situational analysis.
- Ability to innovate, provide thought leadership and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate a convincing case.
- Capability to draw out, understand and capture detailed customer requirements.
- Ability to make good decisions and be seen to be trustworthy by client.
- Capability to engage with stakeholders at all levels within the client and Verizon Enterprise Solutions, including senior management and board level.
- Ability to engage effectively with both business and IT stakeholders and capability to understand their issues.
- Ability to build professional relationships with colleagues, customers and partners.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.