Job Role: Business Analyst & Systems Manager
Division: Central Services
Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire
Closing Date: Friday 21st June 2019
Overview of Company:
Sigma are experts in transforming trading spaces. Through our specialist end-to-end capabilities, we provide a one-stop-shop to deliver unique trading environments for some of the world’s best-known retailers.
Our services range from full construction, fit-out, mechanical and electrical services to the design, development, sourcing, management and maintenance of complete store interior equipment. Our role is to optimise the entire store realisation process from the point of conception, to trading and beyond.
Outline of Role:
To solve business problems, shape business opportunities to improve business performance, and manage projects and change through to successful delivery of their intended outcomes including enabling profitable growth of Sigma.
To be accountable for the overall state and fitness for purpose for all IT systems.
-Responsible for the overall state and fitness for purpose for systems and technologies.
-Accountable for identifying opportunities (problems to resolve and improvements to make) and creating an agreed roadmap for investment with key stakeholders.
-Responsible for delivery of business proposals (Capexes), developing business operating models, capturing requirements, matching to solution options, supplier due diligence, agreeing the detail design with key stakeholders, defining testing and QA requirements.
-Accountable for the delivery of projects including identify the outcomes, plan, key milestones, risk identification, mitigation and ensuring they are delivered efficiently within agreed timescales and budgets.
-Accountable for ensuring proposals and projects include security, operational, regulatory/legal, change and training elements.
-Engage with, develop and manage relationships between all relevant parties, departments and stakeholders across the business.
-Operate within agreed project and change frameworks. This includes:
- Early value assessment and road mapping
- Achieving sign off in line with financial, technical and security standards
- Manage exceptions, slippage and priorities to use available funds and resources efficiently
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks and issues.
- Tracking progress on resource consumption, deliverables and outcomes and reforecasting.
- Act as the Product Owner for the designated systems.
- Ensuring solutions are appropriately tested so customers and colleagues can maximise the benefit from the solutions
- Ensuring deployment and handover to support teams is complete and effective
- Closing the projects with agreed lessons and results.
- Escalate Key decisions to your Line Manager/Executive Director/Sponsors as they arise
- Deliver presentations on key topics and techniques.
- Have demonstrable experience of analysing business problems, researching and delivering well justified proposals for change and successfully leading and delivering medium to large scale projects ontime and to budget.
- Have demonstrable experience of Problem analysis, business modelling, research, process mapping and design, outcome driven planning, estimating, investment appraisals, UML, test design, results analysis and infrastructure change.
- A solid grounding in formal and/or practical project management techniques through the full development lifecycle
- Be familiar with current industry trends and differing/emerging business models, technical disruptors, maturity models and business change techniques.
- Be familiar with technologies including cloud services, web, mobile and fulfilment technologies.
- Highly persuasive, an ability to challenge/influence business case/requirements
- Problem solving skills and resilience to issues and influences outside of his/her control
- Proactive in bringing forward issues and opportunities, direct and persuasive when necessary, collegiate and engaging to achieve buy in and consensus.
- Empowering leadership style, supportive with those learning and with sufficient controls to ensure progress is assured with the team and outsourced suppliers and partners.
- Excellent team player, flexible, responsive, takes ownership and can work under pressure on the detail in a real time environment.
- 23 days holiday plus stats (increasing with service to a maximum of 25 days)
- Pension Contribution
- Free Car Parking
- Mobile phone allowance
- Ability to participate in the Cycle to Work Scheme (post probation period)
Opportunity to be involved with:
- Quarterly Corporate Events/Charity Involvement
Sigma is committed to providing Career Progression Opportunities, via a range of Training & Development.