Role Title: BusinessAnalyst
The Compliance function is aSecond line of defence (LOD) function, responsible for reviewing andchallenging the activities of the Group’s businesses (also referred to as “theFirst LOD”) to ensure that they effectively manage as “Risk Owners” theRegulatory and Financial Crime Compliance risks inherent in or arising from theconduct of their activities and for which they are responsible. The Second LODconsists of 'Risk Stewards' who are independent of the commercial risk-takingactivities undertaken by the First LOD. The Compliance function is a RiskSteward for a number of non-financial risks in accordance with HSBC Group’srisk framework.
The COO officeplays a role in enabling the efficient and effective running of Compliance byserving as trusted partners to the Chief Compliance Officers and other GroupCapabilities.
The Product Management team ensures thatessential systems and data are available to enable Compliance to conducteffective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive andfuture-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoptionacross Compliance.
The role holder will be responsible for theidentification, analysis and implementation of requirements for newcapabilities used by Compliance to assess and analyse financial crime andreputational risk for all of the Bank’s clients. This will require close andproductive working relationships with the IT development team and analysts, andskilled relationship management with both internal system owners and externaldata vendors.
Knowledge &Experience / Qualifications
- Hand on exposure to the Google Cloud platform and ideally GKE
- Familiar with machine learning in the Cloud in an organizational context
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques.
- Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, user story writing and tooling (Jira, Confluence)
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant and/or project manager
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific financial crime risk management
- Extensive experience gathering requirements and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
- Exposure to business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments
- Effective communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Business Analysis & Design
- Achieving Excellence
- Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Business Case and Benefits Realisation
- Change and Implementation Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Process Re-engineering
- Qualifications and Accreditations
- (Desirable) Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- (Desirable) Degree in higher education
As a business operatingin markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for ourcustomers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to beingan inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualifiedapplicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, genderidentity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to beable to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexibleworking arrangements and family friendly policies.