Business Advisor – Digital Technologies
North West – Field Based
Up to £31,000
Digital technologies are transforming our daily lives. The way we now buy and consume products and services and interact with our friends and families were unthinkable just a few years ago. These disruptive technologies are equally applicable to manufacturing companies, the potential to improve productivity and create new products and services are so great they have been termed the 4th Industrial Revolution.
It is important that the UK does not fall behind other nations in the adoption of these transformative technologies. To that end the UK Government is investing £20M in this programme, an ambitious pilot in the northwest of England to promote the adoption of digital technologies within the manufacturing and engineering sectors.
I am looking to recruit Business Advisers to provide impartial advice and support on the adoption of Industrial Digital Technologies (IDTs) to a portfolio of ambitious SME business owners and senior managers. The Advisers will work with the SMEs to assess their potential to adopt IDT, diagnose any barriers that may be holding back growth and agree suitable action plans, including funding applications for grant-support, to address these and release growth opportunities.
- To deliver the Programme to produce the maximum impact in terms of assisting client companies to reach their full growth potential, and delivery of improved productivity leading to improved performance and GVA growth.
- Handling client enquiries via, phone and email, initially assessing the growth potential and business needs using appropriate tools, processes and systems where required and establishing and maintaining effective relationships and key client contacts.
- Undertake diagnostics for businesses using appropriate tools to identify development needs, referrals to an IDT Adviser and recommend appropriate action plans where not referred directly to an IDT digital Adviser.
- Ensure that potential clients comply with the project eligibility criteria by ensuring that initial eligibility checks, prior to formal assessment and action planning are carried out.
- Making sure clients are personally introduced to those services identified as appropriate (internal and external) and monitor the delivery of these services to support the client’s strategy and objectives and address those barriers to growth identified.
- Develop and maintain a network of business and professional contacts that generate referrals.
- Ensure that the monitoring and collection of output and impacts data is undertaken throughout the project and at the conclusion of each individual project in-line with funders’ requirements.
- Use the Service Guide, updating and contributing to it, as appropriate.
- Support and attend regional events on behalf of the programme.
- Sales and account management skills.
- Presentation skills both written and oral.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational, administrative and project management skills.
- Well-developed IT skills, including an understanding of computerised management information systems, spreadsheets, diary management, e-mail and CRM databases.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within business support or employer engagement (candidates with less than this number of years’ experience, who can demonstrate the necessary skills, will be considered). Senior management experience within a manufacturing business would be advantageous.
- Experience of managing and delivering business assessment, advice and development.
- Experience of teamworking across a wide geographical area.
- Understanding and experience of using project management techniques.
- Technical knowledge in the key areas of IDT.
- Degree level business education, or degree level qualification with a Management body or the relevant business experience to match.
- Knowledge of budget and contract management practice, particularly with regard public sector funded projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key national, sub-regional and local organisations and their role in supporting economic development and specifically business growth would be ideal.
- Understanding of customer focused approach of working with businesses to foster engagement and encourage commitment to working towards business growth.
Salary additional info: Excellent Company Benefits