Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations. With a portfolio valued at €62 Bn including retail, offices and convention & exhibition venues, the Group owns and operates 102 shopping centres, including 56 flagships, in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Our centres welcome 1.2 billion visits per year. Present in 2 continents and 13 countries, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield provides a unique platform for retailers and brand events, and offers an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers.
We are imaginative and bold, always pushing the boundaries to achieve results. Our culture embraces creativity, diversity and progression, nurturing everyone we work with to reach the top of their profession.
We now have an opening for a Building Services Manager to join our Centre Management team at Westfield London. The key focus of this role is to be responsible for working with Senior Facilities Manager to define and detail all operational strategies. Overseeing the day-to-day management of the facilities team ensuring all procedures and strategies are in place for on-going facilities operation overseeing the day-to-day operations of expense control, tenant construction, maintaining a preventative maintenance program for the physical centre, manage contractor and vendor relationships
In this role, you will be responsible for…
Strategies and Plans
- Work with the SFM to develop a full launch and operational plan for all internal and external areas of the development including; Planned Preventative Maintenance, Policies and Procedures, Operational Manuals, Life Safety Cause and Effect and Centre Evacuation Plans
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual business plan ensuring all business objectives meet the companies needs
- Develop a reactive maintenance procedure utilising TAB’s and individual handheld PDA’s
- Minimising reactive works through monitoring of data and defects and increasing planned preventative maintenance works to deliver consistent
- Working with the SFM to develop a long term sustainability programme including reduction of waste and increased recycling, reduction of power consumption, reduction of carbon emissions and improved efficiencies
Budgeting & Financial Management
- Assist in the development of the annual budget, ensuring best value is maximised, whilst the on-going maintenance needs of the development are managed effectively
- Ensure all financial procedures are complied with and that all invoices and purchase ordered are matched and coded correctly
- Produce monthly and 5 year long term forecasts to be signed off by FM, justify variance on monthly forecast to budgets
- Produce cost benefit analysis to support recommendations for facility solutions and response plans Identify and implement cost saving programmes resulting in reductions to the service charge and improved returns to the owners
Facilities Services & Operations
- Ensure the highest standards of operational excellence are maintained at all times, reacting to maintenance needs quickly and effectively
- Manages the performance of the FM team, providing guidance and direction to the Building Services Engineer and delegating tasks and activities
- Conduct a visual daily inspection of the Centre and take forward any actions to ensure defects are managed and minimized and Centre standards are optimized
- Conduct inspections of building fabric, plant and equipment and follow through actions with the team
- Monitor and prioritise workload & work activities for the team, closing out defects and FM issues raised by the night managers
- Monitor and control the operation of the Centre systems, plant and equipment through the Building Management System
- Optimisation of performance of the building through monitoring the BMS, driving efficiency from the data, settings and controls
- Source, negotiate and supervise specialist supplies and works with third parties, securing more than one supplier for each activity to achieve best value
- Develop and maintain the FSI PPM system to align the Centre maintenance requirement to output optimizing standards, efficiency and value for money
- Align all centre and national operating procedures
- Work with the IT Manager to ensure all systems on the Integrated Communications Network are fully functional
- Work with tenants to find solutions to centre operational issues impeding their operation, including Condenser water system Operation, Electricity Supply and other operational areas
- Ensure that all stock levels are managed appropriately and that a full stock control system is implemented and monitored
- Work with all departments, specifically Marketing and Commercialisation to facilitate promotional activity within the development
- Work within all Risk Management parameters to ensure safe and smooth operation in all areas
- Ensure all life and building critical systems are fully functional at all times, taking remedial action, reporting defects to senior management
- Ensure all small works projects are implemented and delivered on schedule
- Ensure all environmental objectives are clearly communicated to all employees and tenants, implementing policy and procedure to ensure targets are met
- Ensure relevant contractors work to all KPI’s specified and take action to rectify failures
- Effectively manage all external contracted services, ensuring all works carried out adhere to the Contractors Pass Approval (CPA) guidelines
- Ensure all policies and procedures are maintained at all times
- Ensure all Risk Management and Operational Manuals are kept up to date and relevant to any design development
- Ensure all information gained from the Planned Preventative Maintenance programme is collated to improve the delivery of all on-going maintenance
- Represent Westfield in all approved forums, communicating company initiatives and driving company objectives
- Contribute as a key member of the management team, making recommendations to the benefit of the development operation
- Provide regular feedback on the department and centre progress against set benchmarks
- Conduct regular direct report performance reviews
- Set all direct reports clear business and personal objectives, providing feedback on accomplishment and coaching in all areas to ensure objectives are met
- Track objectives against business and personal development plans to ensure all are achieved or modified to meet new specification
We’re looking for someone with…
- Proven experience in the Facilities Management / Building Services industry
- Maintain knowledge of legislation and compliance requirement
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of local employment practices and legislation relating to same
- Demonstrated experience working in a senior position, able to demonstrate a management focus and leadership skills
- Electrically Qualified to HNC-HND level or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of building principles and mechanical systems
- Demonstrated experience creating and monitoring budgets
- Knowledge of contractors and their methods
- Certification/membership of professional designations advantageous
- Project scheduling and schedule tracking. Project planning and control
- Project Risk Management
We believe our success is created through the core values that flow through our business…Achieves, Collaborates, Innovates and Build Community. We call these values the Westfield Edge. These are personified through the following characteristics in our people;
- Driving forward actions with pace and encouragement of creative solutions - you have a hunger for delivering results.
- An open and transparent communication style with the ability to listen, influence and challenge appropriately.
- The cultivation of close working relationships with peers and teams to drive win-win outcomes.
- A fresh & unrestrictive view on current ways of doing things to stimulate innovation and new approaches.
- Embracing change by fostering state-of-the-art knowledge and technology trends to sustain Westfield’s competitive edge.
- The desire and ability to question the status quo and build compelling cases for change while still working effectively within a team.
- Being dedicated, motivated and passionate about our people and our company.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people from the widest talent pool and those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We do this by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences.
We are happy to consider applications from candidates who need some form of flexible working, so please ask us for more details.
Please apply now if this is ticking your boxes!