Role: BTR Interior Design Associate (Europe)
Reporting to: Director of BTR Consultancy - London
Site: London office
Direct Reports: n/a
LIV is a leading build to rent and residential block management company, delivering services nationwide. We currently manage tens of thousands of apartments in the UK, Ireland and Spain and are involved in numerous schemes at different stages of development. Our clients include major developers and global investment funds and we also represent thousands of leaseholders nationwide.
The diversity of our client base calls for an integrated team approach and our experts strive to deliver value to our clients through clear, innovative thinking and timely solutions. We are also firm believers that you create your own success! As an entrepreneurial business we recognise and promote individuals who show potential to commit and grow with the business.
LIV Consult is theLeading Build to Rent Development Consultancy operating in Europe - the team provides Research, Operational Strategy, FM, Design Consultancy, Operational Costs and Lifecycle Modelling services to BTR Investors, Developers & Operators.
LIV Consultis part of Cortland, who wish to develop 10,000 BTR units in the UK over the next 5-7 years commencing with our first 486-unit BTR residential development in Watford.,
AsBTR Interior Design Associate (Europe) , you will report to the Director of BTR Consultancy (London) who is also based in the London office and ultimately be responsible to Senior Director – BTR Consultancy (Europe). This position will support and work with all levels of Associates throughout LIV Consult and Cortland as well as external clients.
As BTR Interior Design Associate (Europe) you will oversee the Interior Design process for our external 3rd Party LIV Consult clients with a significant proportion of your time delivering this service to our internal client Cortland. You will also participate in the business development process for LIV Consult in procuring Interior Design commissions through collaboration on new client presentations.
- Balance your sharp eye for detail with your creative ability to see possibilities where other people can’t — often thinking way outside the box
- Workingwith the wider UK team as well as collaborating with the US design team to determine design direction for new spaces — envisioning designs that any apartment resident would relish
- Oversee the specifics when it comes to producing one-of-a-kind interior finishes, including carpets, furnishings, fabrics, wall coverings, draperies, artwork, and other ornamental accessories while maintaining budgetary control
- Stay current on the latest interior design products and constantly scan the market for vendors of never-before-seen goods
- Support the UK team with developing the design specification for ourclients buildings and Cortland in Europe
- Develop cutting-edge architectural branding concepts for all decorative elements, including furniture, materials, lighting, and accessories
- Identify strategies for reducing costs, improving production capabilities, and enhancing vendor compliance
- Have an understanding of Lifecycle of products and work with the European Team to develop an exemplar design with the most efficient whole life cost.
- Love solving puzzles and get a thrill out of seeing your projects come together, piece by piece from concept to completion.
- Work alongside highly creative minds while staying grounded enough to meet deadlines and help keep the work flowing
- Manage all assigned development projects, including preparing budgets, transportation documents, site reports, purchase orders, and quarterly chargeback programs
- Supervise the execution of all action plans for your assigned projects
- Networking and love building relationships and partnerships across a variety of stakeholders.
- Working with a variety of internal stakeholders at different levels of seniority, from the wider LIV Consult Team, to the Cortland European team as well as the US based Design team.
- Presenting your work and capabilities externally and bringing in 3rd party business and long-term clients.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN MAKE
- Your concepts are so unique and creative, everyone on your team wishes they could move into the spaces you’ve designed.
- Design projects are completed on time and on budget with superior functionality, safety, and aesthetics.
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in professional design work, ideally in high quality residential, new development, student accommodation and/ or hotel interior design
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Decorative Arts, or related field
- Extensive knowledge of and/or contacts with suppliers and vendors
- Well-versed in units of measure; able to clearly communicate site-specific dimensions
- High level understanding of Conceptual Design
- Understanding of human interaction with spaces
- Experience in space planningusing CAD
- Understand the interface with Building Information Modelling (BIM) systems
- An eye for design for operation, keeping the invisible back-of-house in mind.
- Comfortable designing spaces for a variety of demographics.
- Exterior Spaces Design experience including placemaking, street furniture and landscape design
- Being familiar with working in an environment where you are working within the brand standards
- Interior Design Skills including design, furniture, liveable spaces, colour, technology, art & sculpture and typography and signage.
- Project Management Skills, working from inception to completion and have experience with managing budgets
- Technical skills in terms of understanding construction and being CAD trained.
- Strong presentation skills, having extensive experience in drawing, building mood boards, CAD drawings, modelling, and strong in the presentation of your ideas.
- Comfortable writing specification as well as your own narrative on spaces.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities without immediate supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily tasks to meet deadlines timely
- Collaborative approach to working with clients and associates across all levels
- Attention to detail
- Ability to approach problems both logically and creatively
This role will require some travel both domestic and internationally.
THE LIV DIFFERENCE
At LIV we understand that client service delivery and a focus on the resident experience sits at the heart of what we do. We put our customers and our residents first and enjoy the part we play in building vibrant, new communities.
We have worked extensively on large residential developments throughout the UK which has allowed us to develop specific experience and expertise in all the key areas that are relevant to successful management delivery. We are very fortunate to have a talented team and it is their combined experience which ensures we are at the forefront of the industry today.
Many of our competitors talk about what services they provide but we believe what makes us different is that we have been delivering these promises now for several years, at sites across the country.
With LIV’s plans of further expansion, we would be delighted to see whether you believe you are the right person to continue this exciting journey with us.
LIV is an equal opportunities employer.