Branch Manager - Educational Recruitment
Competitive salary and excellent benefits and uncapped commission structure
Our client is the market leader in providing the highest calibre of supply staff to all schools and educational establishments across the UK.
Due to growth they are looking for a Branch Manager for the London Flagship Head Office and are looking for experienced, ambitious and professional candidate to join them.
The recruitment process is thorough, to ensure the right match is made for your future and for our client. We will ensure your values match that of the organisation to enhance the reputation of the company, leading to business growth.
As a Branch Manager you will have likely been a high performing consultant who has an excellent understanding of the recruitment market. A natural leader your skills and particular aptitude for engaging and motivating a small team to achieve results will be key.
The role of the Branch Manager is to oversee, manage and drive branch performance in order to meet the appropriate business targets set out by the Company.
(A) Business Performance
1. To ensure that the business performance of the branch consistently meets the targets, initiatives and Key Performance Indicators set by the Company.
2. To simply prioritise the key branch activities focussing on those that will bring the greatest success.
3. To ensure all areas of the business are carried out in line with company policies, procedures, quality standards and values.
4. To be personally responsible for running a desk which consistently meets the targets and Key Performance Indicators set by the company whilst maintaining the overall performance of the branch.
5. To obtain and maintain a clear and accurate understanding of the education recruitment market and the UK education system.
6. To effectively generate, analyse and report on key data about branch and individual performance.
7. To ensure that any deviations from Company targets are addressed in a timely and effective manner and appropriate actions are taken to facilitate the desired improvement.
8. To ensure regular quality company marketing is created and distributed through a targeted and focused approach.
(B) People Management
1. To recruit, manage and motivate a stable team of recruitment consultants who have the knowledge, expertise and tactics in place to differentiate the business and secure exceptional business growth.
2. To set clear expectations for the branch recruitment consultants in terms of performance and behaviour.
3. To train, coach and develop new recruitment consultants so that they reach optimum levels of performance as quickly as possible.
4. To effectively use the Teaching Personnel Career Ladder to plan for succession, motivate the team and drive their performance and career development.
5. To conduct regular meetings with your team in line with company guidelines to review performance, evaluate progress, set and action objectives.
6. To identify skills or knowledge gaps in your team and implement appropriate coaching plans or training to improve their performance.
7. To identify areas of underperformance and implement appropriate and effective performance management measures (in line with Company policy) which result in improvement and performance targets being met.
8. To maintain headcount in line with budget expectations and minimise staff turnover.
(C) Candidate Management
1. To ensure that the branch has sufficient numbers and mix of quality candidates to achieve the expected business levels through regularly identifying areas of need and implementing effective resourcing strategies.
2. To regularly review the candidate database to ensure that all candidates are being utilised in the most effective manner and in line with company expectations.
3. To ensure that candidates are cleared to work efficiently and in line with company expectations.
4. To manage the quality of the candidate database through high standards of recruitment, regular contact, managing school feedback, running CPD events and managing allegations in line with company guidelines.
(D) Client Management
1. To manage an ongoing effective candidate led sales (via telephone, marketing and meetings) to using and non-using clients to which maximises business performance.
2. To ensure that the branch secures and maintains a balanced portfolio of existing and new clients and business mix in line with company expectations.
3. To maintain quality relationships with the branch's clients and maintain a regular pattern of meetings and activities in line with company expectations.
(E) Branch Management
1. To create and manage a positive and effective working climate in the branch to maximise morale, performance and productivity.
2. To be responsible for managing the housekeeping elements of the office to ensure the branch operations run smoothly and efficiently.
For an informal and confidential discussion please call Rosie on 01707 247259 or email
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.