Local Unit & Position Description
Bladed provides worldwide wind/tidal turbine and component manufacturers, certification agencies, design consultants and research organisations with a design tool that has been extensively validated against measured data from a wide range of turbines. It is the global industry-leading wind and tidal turbine design tool.
Bladed is currently going through a major programme of re-architecting and innovation to ensure that it retains its market-leading position into the 2020s and beyond – all of which makes it a particularly exciting time to join the team and make your mark on the future! Bladed has made great strides already in areas such as cloud computing, optimising performance through multi-processing, etc. and we aim to keep pushing the boundaries.
The Bladed pre-sales Manager role will drive the market positioning, business development and sales of Bladed. The individual will be recognised for their ability to create opportunities and then close deals, their strong communication and networking skills, their strategic market development and their ability to work with colleagues in the software sales process.
The role is suitable for someone with exceptional communication, presentation and organisational skills. The candidate should demonstrate significant experience with customer management and business development, and preferably have a strong existing network within the renewables industry. Previous experience of using Bladed would be a significant advantage.
The position will require frequent international travel to customer sites, other DNV GL locations, conferences, trade and industry events.
The position sits within the Bladed leadership team which also includes Product Manager and Delivery Manager roles, all reporting to the Renewables Software head of department.
The Bladed Pre-Sales Management role is a market facing role that drives the growth of sales of Bladed and other related products. Key elements of the role include:
- Extensive customer contact and a drive to close sales,
- Engagement with and guidance of DNV GL sales and marketing teams,
- Direction of business development for Bladed. Within existing traditional markets such as wind turbine manufacturers, but also developing new markets where Bladed may contribute such as wind farm Developers and Operators,
- High level responsibility for co-ordination of software open days and training events,
- Provide thought leadership to the respective markets through presentation at conferences, regional open-days, publications, articles, webinars, etc. The role will require working closely with DNV GL communications team in all regions,
- Key account management for several customers,
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Renewables market; customer requirements, their motivations, and their needs, both external and internal, using that knowledge to contribute to the development and delivery of a long-term development plan for Bladed,
- Utilise wider market knowledge to develop cross-selling opportunities with other DNV GL software products,
- Network with market facing colleagues across DNV GL that represent services of relevance to develop combined service and software sales opportunities,
- Providing monthly revenue summaries, monthly forecasts, and monthly updates on market development activities and opportunities across Bladed sales globally.
- Degree or postgraduate level in a technical discipline,
- 10 years or more experience in the renewable industry, an understanding of key industry drivers and preferably with a network of relevant contacts.
Key skills required:
- Able to build good relationships with end users, stakeholders and the internal development team,
- Able to communicate different messages to different people at different levels,
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and the vision for the product,
- Able to receive critical feedback from users and the team and feed this back into the product vision as appropriate,
- Able to understand how the business (domain) works and what is and isn’t valuable to users,
- Natural willingness to learn and improve
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.
Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!