The company provides training and education to clinicians working in the NHS through a virtual learning environment (Blackboard). We are looking for a learning technology professional to manage the technical side of the platform: making sure training materials are always up to date and accessible; troubleshooting access problems or glitches in user experience and acting as a main point of contact with Blackboard engineers. For the right applicant, there is scope to develop this role into a more specialised technology in teaching and learning role.
You will be joining a small, dynamic team, driven by a commitment to improving healthcare systems by empowering front-line clinicians. In order to be succeed, you’ll need a positive, proactive approach to your work, with excellent attention to detail, experience in a learning technology role and an aptitude for picking up new systems and software.
- Provide induction training for both faculty and learners in the effective use of Blackboard.
- Provide technical advice and support to faculty and learners in how to optimise the use of the Blackboard platform.
- Maintaining the Blackboard learning environment, ensuring learning materials are accessible and up to date.
- To provide technical support to students and staff in diagnosing, analysing and solving technical problems.
- Testing the functionality of new Blackboard tools, supporting faculty to integrate new functions into learning activity.
- Experience of using web-based technologies in the delivery of teaching and learning resources.
- Demonstrable experience of providing technical support to users.
- Demonstrable experience in a customer service role.
- A strong technical expertise of VLE (ideally Blackboard) and online educational tools.
- The ability to provide e-learning support to users with a range of abilities in using virtual learning environments.
- Excellent strategic and problem-solving skills, and flexibility.
- Excellent communication; friendly and professional approach to delivering customer service.
- Ability to explain technical processes in plain English.
- Ability to work autonomously.