Biotech Purification Sales Manager-LIF004148
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit https://www.pall.com/en/about-pall.html.
Biotech Purification Sales Manager
The Biotech Purification Sales Manager sells integrated manufacturing solutions comprised of Pall Biotech continuous technologies for strategic and high value Biotech projects in the Americas.
Essential Job Functions
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual orders targets assigned by Pall Biotech management via direct sales activities with customers, and by collaborating with Pall account managers, product line specialists and technical pre-sale specialists.
- Position, present and demonstrate Pall Biotech systems and consumable technologies within customer process development and manufacturing groups in collaboration with technical specialist teams.
- Establish strong relationships with clients—including executive level, project champions, and key end-users—to successfully promote Pall Biotech’s upstream and downstream technology platforms, services and capabilities including single-use systems, bioreactors, purification technologies, continuous platform, and all other Pall Biotech products.
- Gain critical insight on customer biotech/biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes and formulate strategies to develop and support continuous manufacturing solutions that meet or exceed customers’ needs and expectations and simultaneously expand Biotech’s business by gaining market share in existing and new accounts.
- Leverage relationships with, and knowledge of, customers to identify capacity expansion and process improvement opportunities early and ensure customers’ User Requirements Specifications are designed to meet Pall’s specifications.
- Work closely with various core functional groups within Pall (including process engineering, project management, laboratory services, marketing, product management, inside sales, supply chain, manufacturing, etc.) to formulate and direct an effective team strategy to ensure customers’ needs are met in a timely manner and sales opportunities are won.
- Report and communicate all business opportunities, solution concepts and strategies to Pall management through the use of CRM, and provide voice of customer and applications feedback to product development teams.
- Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions.
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
- Experience with and understanding of the protein therapeutics, vaccine, and/or gene and cell therapy markets and the ability to relate to – and interpret the needs of -- prospective clients.
- Experience and strong understanding of upstream and downstream biotechnology processes
- Ability to earn credibility and trust and form strong relationships by drawing on excellent communication skills to develop and express confidence in ideas and strategies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work efficiently and independently to accomplish project objectives.
- Ability to lead others and work effectively in cross-functional teams and within a matrix environment.
- Availability to travel ~50% (required to travel in assigned territory and, where necessary, overseas in for training, conference, seminars etc.).
- Familiarity with cGMP requirements for bio-manufacturing.
- Awareness of relevant health and safety policies, safety rules and working instructions.
- Responsible for his own safety and for the safety of his/her colleagues by preventing risks and reporting any hazardous situation or unsafe behavior.
- Ability to visualize and position appropriate biotech product solutions at different unit operation levels.
- Consultative selling skills.
- Cross functional and cross cultural (geographic) leadership skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in biological science/biochemistry/biochemical engineering or general life science/engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience required, with 3+ years of biotech technologies in similar industry.
- 5+ years selling relevant life science or related technologies with an expert understanding of the biotech/biopharmaceutical manufacturing process flow.
Pall is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.