Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Consider joining Eurofins, where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract research organisation providing testing and research services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme engages full-time scientists, analysts; technicians and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility, to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This multi award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability, with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic full time BioAssay Lead Scientistto support a team of Scientists. Within our award winning Eurofins Professional Scientific Services programme this teamwill work alongside and support a global leader in Life Sciences supporting biologics testing and development processes based at our clients modern state of the art facility in Slough.
This exciting new role will give thesuccessful candidate a fantastic opportunity to combine leadership,biologics testing activities and utilizing innovative equipment, alongside excellent career development opportunities. The purpose of this job is split between conducting analytical activities as well to manage and support a team, ensuring the team is operating at the highest quality and productivity standards.
The BioAssay Lead Scientistwill be a key point of contact for the client. Ensuring high morale and retention and the agreed client requirements are entirely satisfied and that client expectations are met or exceeded through effective leadership and quality operational management and process improvement.
In addition, the candidate will also have strong scientific and relevant technical skills as well as report writing and problem solving. It is expected the ideal candidate will exhibit high energy, self-motivation and resourcefulness. Additionally, will be able to think logically and have the ability to effectively collaborate with and communicate scientific ideas readily.Job Description
- Manage, support and develop a team of scientists
- Coordinate work planning activities
- To perform a range of analytical methods with a high level of complexity
- Routine and non-routine analysis including stability assessments and data trending.
- To collate, analyse and interpret data
- Prepare/review reagent extensions and lead assay reagent crossovers, as required
- Conduct method development and validation processes
- To support trouble shooting/out of specification investigations as required
- Understand & comply with company, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Raise and complete regulatory records as required and prepare GMP documentation
- Conduct laboratory housekeeping and performing instrument maintenance and reagent / consumable stock checks
- Contribute to process improvement projects
- BSc in a relevant scientific discipline, with at least 5 years industrial experience with at least one of those years involved in leadership of a team
- Demonstrated experience in a range of relevant analytical methods.
- Demonstrated capabilities of ELISA, Cell Culture,
- Able to conduct Cell based and Biacore assay methods
- Demonstrated ability to work with fully electronic media
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory and GMP processes
- Excellent verbal and written skills, both internally and externally.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with colleagues driving collaboration.
- Passionate about quality and customer service is essential.