Costain were appointed by Highways England to deliver two of the three sections of the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon Improvement Scheme as part of a Joint Venture (JV). The JV will complete two packages totalling circa £600 million of work. The A14 Improvement Scheme is required to enhance the capacity and reliability of the UK strategic road network in order to ensure better journeys for road users.
Stretching over 25 miles, the works will improve this highly congested stretch of road. Initial design work will commence immediately with the development of detailed plans for the delivery phase, which commenced late 2016. The road will be open to traffic in 2020, with the works in Huntingdon town being completed after.
- Develop and manage Project Digital budget
- Utilise models to inform risk management in terms of both Commercial and Health & Safety risks.
- Review the Employers Information Requirements (EIR’s) and advise the Work Winning/Delivery team of contract deliverables, Digital programme, Digital resources and Supply Chain capabilities/requirements to be included within the Balfour Beatty tender
- Engage early with all Stakeholders to develop the projects Digital Strategy, Digital Execution Plan and Customer goals to match the EIR’s.
- Work with the Project Team to deliver the Project Digital Strategy, Digital Execution Plan and Customer’s goals.
- Before construction commences mobilisation, engage with the project team to implement people/processes/culture/technology which can be used during the Construction phase and limit/mitigate potential conflicts before site execution gate stage
- Working with the project team to implement processes/culture/technology
- Working with the Digital Project Delivery Regional / Sector / Framework Lead to identify strategic opportunities for the use of Digital Project Delivery and engage with the project team to realise those opportunities
- Provide Reports / Innovation Case Studies created on a regular basis that can be shared with Line Management to track/report project progress, aid proper project delivery, knowledge share and continuous improvement.
- Deliver presentations to internal and external parties on the benefits and KPI’s gained from the project.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Track and report the progress of the project implementation and delivery reporting value gained from the implementation of Digital processes.
- Develop processes; implement a digital culture with the use of Digital Technology across the project which aligned with Balfour Beatty Built to Last and build a Digital Balfour Beatty
- Reduce the Risk through the appropriate use of Digital applications
- Managing Complex teams involved in the delivery of Digital Projects
- Facilitate the process of the Digital Coordination between project participants
- Lead Digital objective workshops to define project digital deliverables and define SMART KPI’s.
- Professional membership is desirable
- BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng, HND/HDC or qualified by experience with an understanding and proven delivery of infrastructure or Building managing multiple processes / schemes
- NVQ – Level 5 or 2-5 years of project / Educational experience
- Can demonstrate Technical ability with the use of Digital Software applications and demonstrate experience of training others
- Mentors all variations of Digital Technicians and Digital Engineers
- An understanding of the latest industry guidelines for Digital project delivery such as BS and PAS
- Technician Membership achieved. Approaching next level of Professional Membership
- Good communication skills with an ability to form effective relationships with project stakeholders
- Experience of working collaboratively with the project teams, supply chain partners and Customers
- Demonstrable track record of delivering a high quality product to tight deadlines
- Primary Software Skills in Model Authoring. Relative to Project Requirements
- Can demonstrate strong technical ability with the use of Digital software applications
- Keen to learn develop and support members of the digital team
- Valid CSCS card
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.