What is the Bid Manager responsible for?
- Following Experian's bid processes from sign on to completion, manage and transform our responses so they are differentiated from the competition in their quality, working with inputs from all over Experian. Engaging earlier to ensure quality is provided through all stages in client processes.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, solutions, product teams, finance, commercial, delivery, etc
- Ensure bid and supplier questionnaire content is collated and available in advance, content is updated regularly and reviewed for quality and further expansion.
- Increase the efficiency, win rates and win values of our bid responses - through stronger pre selection of where to bid, improved quality of bid input, automation, reusable content, continuously improved ways of working and other focus areas
- Build on existing repositories and work closely with the marketing, product and propositions teams to ensure material is collected in advance to facilitate more efficient turnaround on deals.
- C reate and maintain records to track key performance indicators such as: time from bid issue to response; number of iterations; days extensions asked for / received; win rates; number of bids supported by the Bid Management team; number of opportunities responded to; number of opportunities which are 'no bid'; quality of bid responses.
- Ensure there is a clear pipeline of opportunities and agreement across the business on prioritisation of the opportunities for bid support.
- Nurture relationships with clients throughout projects.
- Other ad hoc activities as needed by Head of Bid Management / Commercial Director
What are we looking for?
- Experience in bid management / proposal response
- The ability to understand the drivers of value and to ensure the proposal is focused on highlighting these in a way that is simple for customers to understand.
- Ability to translate from the technical to something customers will understand
- High attention to detail but also the ability to see the bigger picture, questioning and challenging responses from the customer's viewpoint.
- Good financial and legal literacy to ensure maximum value and minimum risk to Experian
- Strong ability to form and use relationships across functions
- Demonstrated MS Office skills, particularly PowerPoint
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,200 people in 44 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Why choose us?
We're a big company - with big ambitions. We are investing in data, technology and insight to drive our business, at any scale, now and in the future.
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.