The Bid Manager works closely with the Sales, Implementation, Development and Pre-Sales Teams to formulate winning tender responses and proposals for the prospect or customer, whilst managing the end-to-end bid process. The role includes organising bid review meetings, interpreting customer requirements in conjunction with the Sales team, helping to collate or create responses to complex documents and to ensure a compelling and high-quality bid is signed off for return to the customer/prospect. Additionally, this role incorporates elements of Sales Operations – such as providing system auditing, reports and sales analysis when needed.
The Granicus Europe sales team is a dynamic, results driven group charged with driving new revenue in a young and energised cloud vertical. Ours is a team that values individual initiative as well as teamwork. What we do makes a difference. Our products and services improve the efficiency of government and the quality of people's lives. Join us to make a difference for the company and, most importantly, for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the timely planning, coordination and efficient management of the PQQ/RFP/Tender/Bid Process and submissions.
- Have a clear understanding and interpretation of the questions and requirements within PQQ/RFP/Bid documentation.
- Maintain and update the library of company standard documentation for submissions.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams including sales, heads of service and support staff to ensure a library of associated content is stored and readily available.
- Review content of bids, pricing sheets and formatting, achieved assuring that all material is responded to.
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go/no go) process for new opportunities.
- Manage inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, , product, consultancy, legal and implementation.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Contributing to the written proposal where existing responses do not exist or map adequately to the proposal.
- Full management and review of the bid budget.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids working with a number of internal resources to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring all post bid reviews with customers are completed and documented, post contract award or unsuccessful.
- Lead lessons learned session from bids and use these lessons to continuously improve the approach to bids, frameworks, sales material, and presentations.
- Responsible for managing the strategy of the overall Bid response process.
- Maintain input of new/existing client information into the sales database.
- Work with the leadership team to help monitor the sales organisation’s progress, identify shortcomings, and propose improvements.
- Create reports and dashboards within the internal CRM
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience of managing the bid process
- Ability to write compelling proposals, including technical writing
- Creating reports and dashboards within the internal CRM system
- Salesforce experience
- 3+ years of bid management for a software provider
- Knowledge of public sector procurement processes
Who you are:
- Passionate team player with excellent time management and written communication, experience of influencing client decision making and direction, works with the wider team to understand the underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Applies insight, originality and a broad perspective to generate compelling bids and proposals.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Good people management skills. Acts as a role model for continuous learning and development.
- Proactive. Tenacious and eager to improve on previous standards and responses.
- Proven capability in delivering winning, high-value propositions and tender responses.
- Time management, efficiency, the ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in solutions and services and experience of bid management in a SaaS environment.
- Able to provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design.
- Have the ability to manage multiple complex opportunities with multiple stakeholders, simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of internal governance procedures.
- Working under pressure.
- Able to create reports and dashboard to assist the sales team in tracking their pipeline, aiding in accurate forecasting.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.