Salary: Dependant on experience, plus discretionary bonus
Our client is the largest European green services provider employing 4,000 staff across the UK and with a current annual UK turnover of £225m and a forward order book of £832m. They operate in highly competitive market sectors where winning new business and service provision requires not only high levels of operational competency but also high levels of ability in written presentation, numeracy, IT skills and academic achievement. Our client has an excellent track record in winning new business and prides itself on the high quality of tender responses it provides.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To play an integral role in our clients competitive tendering process through leading or contributing towards tender submissions, selection questionnaires and proposals. Producing compelling bids that are well researched, technically accurate and promote our clients unique selling points.
Upon contract award, facilitate handover to operational colleagues by assisting with interpretation of their tender submission and promises to the client.
Document review and interrogation; tender and selection questionnaire submission preparation
- Read and interpret tender documents, fully understanding the requirements of the tender and our clients obligations
- Where you are leading the project, complete a tender checklist and circulate to the project team and leadership team
- Undertake both desktop and on-site research to understand current service standards, local perception of the service and identify unique characteristics of the landscape that might contribute to our clients submission
- Review method statement and selection questionnaire requirements and construct a compelling response to these
- Schedule operational meetings to develop the project with colleagues - refining their proposals
- Schedule operational and sign off pricing meetings
- Complete proof reading of your own and colleagues' works as required
- Regularly update the Business Development Library with new and updated method statements for future use and reference
- Prepare presentations and attend interviews with potential Clients
- Attend Supplier Days and similar Client events
- Undertake site visits
- Create and maintain relationships at all levels across our client for specific tendering processes and to enhance the opportunity to develop the business further
- Manage stakeholders at a senior level
- Manage and respond to the conflicting views and interpretations of stakeholders in a tender process e.g. Operations
- Complete comprehensive handovers to Operations on contract award
- Liaise with support departments, particularly HR and Finance in order to access knowledge and information to enhance and keep current the method statements, selection questionnaires and other submission documents
- To actively contribute to Business Development and Business objectives
- To play a key role in the development of the Business Development team, its systems and strategy in accordance with Business objectives
- To provide internal training on the creation of proposals and method statements
- Explore, evaluate and implement as needed, any new software/technology that will increase accuracy and competitiveness in tenders
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS and OPPORTUNITIES FOR ASSESSMENT
- Accurate completion and submission of tenders meeting both internal and external deadlines
- Maintain their average tender success rate of 40% (by value)
- Currently, fewer than 10% of our clients submissions fail on quality criteria: this statistic should be maintained or improved.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
You must have a degree in an academically relevant discipline e.g.:
- Modern Languages
- Chemical Engineering
You must possess excellent written communication skills, be highly numerate and have excellent IT skills, specifically, competence in using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Significant previous experience of developing high quality proposals and method statements or leading tender processes
- Commercial experience of analysing projects to identify opportunities for competitive edge and margin improvement.
- Experience of receiving input from different internal sources and being able to mould into the optimum solution for the business
- Demonstrable experience of working within a fast-paced business environment
- Naturally creative
- Competitive and ambitious
- Good social skills and an understanding of the importance of positive interaction with colleagues, customers and others
- Good sense of humour
- Hard working
- Team player
To apply for this Bid Manager role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
Dependant on experience, plus discretionary bonus