JOB OVERVIEW: BI Developer (MS BI stack) / Business Intelligence Developer sought by global security and technology company based on the border of Bournemouth / Poole.
SALARY: C£35K-£45K plus comprehensive benefits package !
LOCATION:- Bournemouth / Poole border
For decades, my worldwide client has been at the forefront of providing ground-breaking risk management security expertise and technology to the aid of many global companies both large and small from many different industries and government sectors. They continue to grow and reinvest in new cutting-edge software products and systems that are designed and developed in-house.The company continually invests in its employees and encourages continuing professional development and ongoing training making this a great place to work and realise your true potential.
My client has a fantastic new opportunity for a Business Intelligence Developer / BI Developer to join the rapidly expanding team. You will play a key role in developing, maintaining and evolving my client's data warehouse and corporate business intelligence and reporting software to support the provision of a centralised information source, team/location performance and business intelligence.
The role will require ensuring the team’s core functions are to develop, maintain and enhance business intelligence capabilities, support controlled standards and provide robust reporting service and access of central submissions and information on which the organisation operates.
The BI Developer will work in a team of Senior and Mid-Level BI Developers and Analysts who are responsible for maintaining and monitoring the data warehouse ensuring high availability for end users and analysts and continued development.
You will work closely with the Senior BI Developer and you will liaise with third party suppliers and staff across all levels of the company in the planning, design, and development of highly complex software solutions and preparation of complex reporting requirements systems. This will require ability to analyse, interpret and resolve highly complex problems, covering a wide range of business areas.
- Competent with SOME of the following languages / tools;
- Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Excel and Power Pivot
- Educated to degree level in computer or information science
- Recognised qualifications in MS SQL Server technologies advantageous
- Experience in developing large scale ETL solutiions advantageous not essential
- Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing Power BI reporting solution advantageous not essential
- knowledge / awareness of data warehousing theory and methodologies
- knowledge / awareness and skills in data modelling, and or database architecture design advantageous
- Good understanding of Data Quality and ability to develop data quality reporting mechanism
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with a growing global market leader with an innovative security software product suite, which offers excellent training & continuing professional development, my client offers;
- A highly competitive salary plus and a comprehensive benefits package
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded BI enthusiasts.
- There are also chances of career progression for the right candidate!
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible. Candidates who are not a close match sadly cannot be considered.
Keywords; Business Intelligence, SQL Server, BI, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, reports, reporting, Database, DBA, data warehouse, software developer, engineer, programmer, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Excel and Power Pivot, MS Azure