JOB OVERVIEW: BI Developer (MS BI stack) / Business Intelligence Developer with solid data warehouse experience sought by a leading UK healthcare company. Video interviews and 95% remote-working with just once or twice a month visits to Head office in Bournemouth / Poole in Dorset. Great opportunity to work with a diverse cutting-edge tech stack!
Contract type: Preference will be given to permanent applicants but contractors WILL also be considered at a very reasonable rate expectation.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience - C£40,000- C£45,000 basic salary p.a plus excellent benefits package!
Location:- Video interviews and 95% remote-working available with just once or twice a month visits to Head office in Bournemouth / Poole in Dorset. Option to work in the office IF preferred!
For decades, my client has been providing unrivalled healthcare services. Their services continually evolve and develop to meet the needs of the local community. The post holder will play a key role in developing, maintaining and evolving the business intelligence strategies and processes required to maintain, develop and support the Programme’s data warehouse and Business Intelligence analysis, reporting and presentation tools. You'll support the provision of a centralised information source, team/location performance and business intelligence, You'll also become part of a great team who takes pride in making a positive difference to the Healthcare industry for everyone's mutual benefit!
My client has a number of fantastic new opportunities for Business Intelligence Developers / BI Developers to join the rapidly expanding team.
- Provide technical solutions to enhance the Programme Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Maintain technical, professional and specialist knowledge and understanding - and be competent in the use of a wide range of specialist software packages and programming languages including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft Power BI, and Power Pivot. You may also have exposure or an awareness of MS Azure, ADF (Azure Data Factory), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT and/or DevOps OR be keen to acquire such exposure!
- Contribute to the design, development and improvement of Business Intelligence solutions and manipulation of relevant data sources.
- work with the Information and Applications Teams in the development of statutory returns, standard and bespoke reports utilising data warehouse and data feeds.
- ensure all required data is available in the data repository and to manage the specification and coordinate the development if not.
- Be responsible for active maintenance of the data repository ensuring integrity, consistency and relevant documentation. Ensuring smooth operation of ETL processes and high availability of Business Intelligence infrastructure.
- Participate in the development and strategy for data migration when changing providers or decommissioning legacy systems ensuring continuity of service.
- Maintain full compliance to the system and data architecture, standards and procedures
- You absolutely MUST have experience ofcreating or using a data warehouse
- You will for example have experience of creating new dimension and FACT tables and will ideally have experience of slowing changing dimensions and have done data modelling with star or snowflake schemas
- You will have strong SSIS skills
- Competent with SOME of the following languages / tools;
- Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Power Pivot, MS Azure, ADF (Azure Data Factory), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT and/or DevOps.
- Educated to degree level in computer or information science
- Recognised qualifications in MS SQL Server technologies
- Experience in developing OR working with large scale ETL solutiions
- Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing Power BI reporting solution advantageous not essential
- knowledge / awareness and skills in data modelling, and or database architecture design advantageous
- Good understanding of Data Quality and ability to develop data quality reporting mechanism
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with a growing global market leader who offers a superb working environment, company culture and very high staff retention ration my client offers;
- A highly competitive salary, continuing professional development and ongoing training!
- A truely collaborative style of working and the opportunity to work with an extremely well-respected Lead Developer and Head of BI keen to further develop your skill set.
- remote working
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded BI enthusiasts.
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible. Candidates who are not a close match sadly cannot be considered.
Keywords; Business Intelligence, SQL Server, BI, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, reports, reporting, Database, DBA, data warehouse, software developer, engineer, programmer, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Excel and Power Pivot, MS Azure
plus EXCELLENT benefits package