JOB OVERVIEW: BI Developer / Business Intelligence Developer sought by large leading UK heathcare organisation. This role would suit EITHER a talented Graduate with perhaps a year in industry working with relational databases or data warehouses and BI tools or a more experienced BI Developer / Analyst.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: 3 month initial contract
LOCATION:- Bournemouth / Poole border
START DATE; Immediately!
For decades, my client has been providing unrivalled healthcare servies. They are the biggest provider of healthcare in Dorset, and their services continually evolve and develop to meet the needs of the local community.
My client requires a technical resource (BI Developer / Database Developer or similar) to help us catch up on their exciting, huge new data warehouse implementation project. This is a full MS BI stack environment with Power BI. This we expect will be a 3 month contract (which may or may not be extended) and requires someone with BI knowledge (Understanding of DIM and FACT tables and how they link with primary and foreign keys etc)
The piece of work is to assist the lead data analyst in taking the data structure from [Source files] > [Data register] > [Data Modelling] > [Specification document] (Used by the a third party company to build the new data warehouse).
Your role will include but not be limited to the following;
- Review tables and fields as they are completed to ensure that they are structured correctly (i.e. Type 1 or 2 Dimension with required fields) and suggest and make amendments as required.
- We are using SQLdbm to model the DIMENSION and FACT tables and this would be part of your role to create and update this diagram to reflect the data held in the data register.
- Once modelled generate the SQL script using the tool. Copy the scripts into SQL Management Studio and reformat before adding it to the specifications document
- Update the specification document. This involves snipping the table structure from SQL DBM and paste into specification document. Complete the rest of the table requirements such as details about the table such as the primary and foreign Keys and if a Type 2 then the triggers for the creation or update of data. Finally add in the SQL code to the document and validate the data and design.
- Graduate with a relevant computer science / IT degree or experienced BI Developer / Analyst
- Competent with performing the aforementioned tasks
- Theoretical knowledge of datawarehouses / datawarehousing if no actual implementation experience
- Intermediate level MS Excel
- You will be at an advantage if you have any understanding of SSIS and manipulating data
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
- The chance to work with a great experienced team of BI professionals
- The opportunity to work in an environment with full MS BI stack, Power BI, Azure, SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL
- Possible future opportunities exist for a strong candidate!
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible. Candidates who are not a close match sadly cannot be considered.
Keywords; Business Intelligence, SQL Server, BI, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, reports, reporting, Database, DBA, data warehouse, software developer, engineer, programmer, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Excel and Power Pivot, MS Azure Database Developer, Administrator, SQL Server, Oracle, RDBMS, Power BI, Junior, Trainee, Graduate, Business Intelligence, SQL Server, BI, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, reports, reporting, Database, DBA, data warehouse, software developer, engineer, programmer, Power BI. Azure, Junior, Trainee, Mid-Level, DBA, SQL, Software Developer, Analyst