IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and Event Company.
About the Position
IDC is looking for a dynamic and creative BI/Data Analytics/Visualization Specialist to support the development of new data and business analytics tools and products for its large and leading data product portfolio and business in Europe and globally.
Based in the UK and integral part of the business development team, the role will involve developing new data reporting and analytics tools and design new dashboard products.
The candidate must have 1 to 2 years and proven experience with both Tableau and Power BI, excellent data manipulation and visualization tool creation capabilities as well as proficiency with Excel and SQL server. (The candidate will share prior examples of dashboard work done).
The role will require strong data manipulation, analytical, design and project management skills, and to develop a strong understanding of IDC research portfolio, product segmentations available across the different markets and creativity to build pertinent and innovative data visualization products and capabilities.
- Development and production of cross-technology data sets – develop and support the production and delivery of cross-technology data reports.
- Design, development and maintenance of new business analytics tools (Internal BI/dashboards) – create and automate business development and financial reporting tools and dashboards (Tableau and/or Power BI depending on reports). Manage the generation of monthly and quarterly reports and dashboards.
- Design, development and production of new data analytics and dashboard products (Product Development)– develop cross-market data dashboards and design new market data visualization dashboard products (in Tableau, Power BI and potentially other UI depending on product)
The successful candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in business, economics or science and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with both Tableau and Power BI and advanced knowledge Excel and SQL databases. He/she will possess excellent data manipulation and modelling skills, data visualization creativity, be customer/business minded and will be eager to support and directly contribute to the continuing expansion of our data portfolio across the region.
As such, the successful candidate will have:
- 1 to 2 years of experience and proficiency of both Tableau and Power BI
- Proficiency in advanced Excel and SQL/PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with technologies such as Python
- Excellent data manipulation, analytics and visualization skills
- Proven experience in design and creation of dashboards (examples to provide)
- Ability to work with large and complex data sets
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Solution, customer and business minded
- Project management skills and ability to work with various teams
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Ability to work against tight deadlines, openness and flexibility
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English, additional European languages a plus
The role will report to the IDC Europe VP Data Programs, be integral part of the data programs BD team and involve working with the BD and research analyst teams across Europe. This is a full time, highly visible position that will suit an ambitious, dedicated, and business-minded professional who is seeking an exciting career development opportunity in a global firm within the fast evolving digital and technology market.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, the position in a highly professional and respected firm, where initiative leading to results are rewarded. IDC is a global knowledge company with a broad range of career challenges and opportunities, and you will become part of a dynamic, international trained network with a driven and collaborative culture.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.