Business Services is a wide sector that incorporates BPO services, consultancy and professional services, through to logistics and 3PL, car rental, call centre operations, office supplies and document shredding. Assignments will typically include Head/Director of commercial, operations, general management, sales and marketing, through to Managing Director in the £70,000 – £120,000 salary bracket.
Recent assignments completed by the Business Services team include:
- 3PL – Commercial Director
- Logistics – General Manager
- Vehicle Contract Hire – Director of Sales, Head of Customer Services
- Waste Management – Sales & Marketing Director, Business Unit Director
- Outsourcing – Business Development Director
- Training Company – Sales Director
- HR Testing & Assessment Services – Sales Director
- Benefits & Rewards Services – Sales Director
Attracting and retaining the very best recruitment professionals is critical to our success. The current vacancy has arisen due to an internal move by a highly successful Consultant across to the Odgers Berndtson part of the Group; thus creating an opportunity for a proven fee-earner to inherit an established portfolio.
Well networked, our consultants have the tenacity and passion to enable our clients to appoint the very best senior individuals. As a Berwick Partners Consultant, you will be expected to:
- Identify and develop relationships with clients (new and existing) through high level marketing calls. Offer market intelligence, present at pitches and business development meetings, and actively introduce colleagues. Listen to and interpret client requirements, developing commercially sound solutions
- Take ownership of candidate management, recognising that talented people are our lifeblood
- Professionally manage and deliver all assignments won, to successful completion
- Create and deliver events that offer clients and senior candidates the opportunity to network
- Develop a personal profile, ensuring that you become a recognised and respected recruiter in your specialism – a go-to expert
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and interact at the most senior level
- Produce excellent quality, well written documents that add value to an assignment
- Intellectually capable, confident, self-assured and a tenacious self-starter
- Self-managed, you will know what it takes to develop your reputation and position both internally and externally, without the need for heavy KPIs
- Able to lead by example, act as an ambassador and uphold the culture, philosophy, integrity, quality, professionalism and ethics of the Berwick Partners brand
- Able to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally
Berwick Partners, a division of Odgers Berndtson, operates in the senior leadership recruitment market. We operate a 100% retained search model within the £70,000-£120,000 basic salary bracket and believe we stand out in a congested market by offering a quality and client-led service.
We are experts in senior recruitment; we understand the markets in which we work, yet we are never complacent about the importance of listening and learning. At times we need to advise and at times we need to challenge; we always need to deliver.
We are a national firm with offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester. We collaborate and work closely with Odgers Berndtson, benefiting from their brand, reputation and work. We share a database, offices, events and away-days. This relationship means that for business development purposes, we are not a cold call environment.
Berwick Partners has built an excellent reputation for filling senior management and executive positions across a number of different sectors. We have split our market into three main areas:
Commerce & Industry, Public Sector and Functions
We believe that this structure offers clients the opportunity to tap into sector specialists and functional experts as the mandate dictates. We are passionate about what we do. We understand how important it is to deliver the right outcomes for clients and candidates and we take pride in the quality of our work.
What we offer
At Berwick Partners, we have created a mature and “grown-up” culture, one where you are trusted to deliver without weekly targets and sales incentives. We provide our consultants with a huge amount of support to enable them to be as effective as possible. Support comes in the form of:
- Dedicated (shared) PA
- In-house Research Team
- Events Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Client Development Team
We strive to be the most trusted and respected search firm, setting the standard for excellence in our industry.
- Upper-quartile base salary
- Transparent commission structure, equal to a third of billings (less salary costs). Additional support is provided in the 1st year
- Pension (including death in service)
- 25 days holiday (and 3 extra over the Christmas period)
- Interest free season ticket loan