OTHERWORLD, the world's most immersive virtual reality arcade, bar and kitchen, seeks a team of dimension-hoppers to help transport London's citizens to a parallel universe. Opening in Haggerston in April 2019, OTHERWORLD pairs unique 'immersion room' technology with a hand-picked selection of craft drinks and a pan-Pacific food menu from Lord of Poké. We are a London Living Wage employer.
The Role: Healer
Our guests are travelling into the Otherworld and need refreshments before and after their journey. As a Healer, you will provide them a range of exciting beverages and elixirs which inspires their senses and replenishes them after an energetic trip to an alternate reality.
As a bartender, customer service is second nature. You are passionate about giving people a great experience and the quality of the beverages you serve. You will make their voyage into virtual reality a memorable one. You will inspire your team, forge great relationships and help the management team to make Otherworld the greatest retreat for world-weary Londoners.
As a Healer, you will:
- Deliver consistently high standards of drinks service and creation, embodying the Otherworld's utopian values;
- Handle credit and payments in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Lead a culture of excellence by learning and helping to improve the Corporation's service procedures;
- Use Dream Corporation IT effectively, including The Good Till (EPOS), Deputy, PDQs and Trail;
- Strive to keep guests immersed by embracing your character as a member of The Dream Corporation;
- Support floor staff and team where needed.
- Cultivate and maintain strong industry and customer relationships;
- Stay abreast of new developments and approaches within the hospitality and consumer technology industries;
- Maintain excellent product and cocktail knowledge and practice.
Learning & Development
- Attend in-person training sessions and complete online training assignments organised by the leadership team;
- Curate a monthly training session on a topic of your choosing working with or in rotation with other members of staff;
- Attend and contribute to regular professional development sessions to support your and the business's performance and learning;
- Identify ways in which the Food & Beverage team could improve and share constructive suggestions.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all company health & safety procedures are adhered to and implemented within the team;
- Understand the venue's fire, emergency, and bomb threat procedures;
- Report any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to Security or Management;
- Maintain high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy;
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately and immediately;
- Work in a safe manner that takes both yourself and your colleagues into consideration;
- Comply with risk assessment documentation.
Your responsibilities may evolve over time to reflect changes in the business.
Your skills and experience
Your skills and experience
- 2+ years working in a high-value and high-paced hospitality environment;
- Strong knowledge and experience in serving beers, wines, spirits and cocktails;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Strong passion for hospitality, gaming and technology;
- Character and attitude to thrive in a start-up environment;
- Willingness to learn new ways of working.
Start date in April 2019.