We are looking for passionate and dedicated Bank Support Worker - Supported Housing staff to join our flexible Bank staff (zero hours contract) across Essex, in return we can offer a competitive hourly rate of £9.36 per hour.
Experience in following client groups is preferred, however, this is not essential:
- Young People Services
- Homeless Hostels
The Bank Support Worker - Supported Housing role:
At Peabody we are committed to providing assistance to our own vulnerable tenants and people living in our communities who need support to live well and independently. We provide specialist housing, care and support to people who are socially excluded, disabled, unwell or homeless.
As our Bank Support Worker - Supported Housing you will support and enable vulnerable people to sustain a tenancy living within the community through providing practical and emotional support to encourage tenants to take an active part in the community.
Responsibilities of our Bank Support Worker - Supported Housing:
- Provide/offer support to an individual tenant consistent with the Peabody principles.
- Promote the integration of the tenant into the local community and provide opportunities by which they will be enabled to develop skills and have access to the widest possible range of experiences.
- Ensure that the tenants needs are met by liaising with other organisations providing access to community-based services and resources.
- Ensure that the participation by the tenant in the management of all household tasks, through teaching and practical support.
- Involve the tenant in everyday household tasks where possible, and help to develop the skills needed to achieve this.
- To take an active part in tenant involvement, liaising with relevant groups and participating in relevant training and updates.
- Participate and contribute to own appraisal and supervision sessions.
- Attend appropriate training activities as agreed with your manager.
- Maintain a high standard of competence by undertaking relevant continuing professional development.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and reviews.
- Ensure all Peabody policies and procedures are followed.
- Promptly report any complaints, accidents or unusual incidents to the relevant person.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records relating to all aspects of the tenants home.
- Participate in managing the income and expenditure of the house including residents’ finances and payment of bills.
Skills and experience required of our Bank Support Worker - Supported Housing:
- Experience of providing support to the designated client group either in a volunteering or professional role.
- An understanding of customer service in a service delivery setting.
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of health and safety issues relating to the designated client group.
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of welfare benefits for the designated client group.
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children local policies, protocols and good practice.
- Understanding of housing support needs of the designated client group and benefits of a flexible, outcome focussed and personalised support service whilst supporting people to help themselves.
- Knowledge of related services provided by the statutory and voluntary sector
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements, including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity and a genuine desire to help people with disabilities and/or support needs connect with their community.
- Comprehensive IT skills to include use of Microsoft Office and ability to maintain electronic records, with attention to detail.
Benefits of becoming our Bank Support Worker - Supported Housing:
- £9.36 (dependant on service) per hour
- Sleep-in payments £73.89 per night (when applicable)
- Spot Bonus awards
- Paid Induction Training
- Paid Enhanced DBS
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Bank Support Worker - Supported Housing please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Monday 19th October 2020