Job Reference: J223-1466
- The London Clinic
- Intensive Care Unit
- £33,687 to £43,767
We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 ICU Nurse to join our Intensive Care nursing team based at our main hospital site in Central London, W1G 6BW (Close to Regents Park or Baker Street tube stations).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
The London Clinic’s Intensive Care Unit is a thirteen bedded state-of-the-art facility with modern technology and equipment which provides you the optimal working conditions to look after your patients. It is known for its single rooms with natural lightning and an extraordinary nursing staffing model.
As an ICU Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
- Job Type: This is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours a week.
- Shifts: Mixed shift rotation; including Long Days, Nights & Weekends.
- Salary: The attractive inclusive salary range for this role is £33,687 to £43,767 - and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (Inclusive), plus much more. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead on the delivery of individualised patient care acting as the named nurse, ensuring the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation is in line with evidence base practices.
- Communicate effectively with dignity and respect to patients, relatives, staff and others giving consideration to potential barriers to understanding.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive nursing records are maintained using appropriate IT Healthcare systems available.
- Maintain own continuing professional development in accordance with CPD requirements and contribute to formulation of own objectives and personal development plan.
- Act as a role model and behave according to the Clinic’s Behavioural Framework.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Adult Nurse with up-to-date NMC registration
- Clinical experience within an Acute High Dependency or Intensive Care setting.
- ITU/Critical Care and/or Mentorship qualification is desirable but we offer the required courses after an initial period of employment has been completed based on a fair interview process.
- Familiar with basic physiology and have a theoretical knowledge base for acute nursing, including mechanical ventilation, renal replacement therapies, advance haemodynamic monitoring, and knowledge on routine medication administered in Intensive Care Settings.
- Effective communication with different healthcare players, patients and their relatives, as well as good organisational skills demonstrated by efficient time management.
- Demonstrates a proactive and positive attitude, with the ability to work professionally within a multi-disciplinary team.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service. We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.