BAE Systems - National Security Academy: Software Engineering, London/Gloucester
Our National Security Academy is unique. Designed to develop individuals with the confidence and technical capability to support a safer future. Our aim is to give you the tools, training and support you need to become a rounded Software Engineer in the National Security sector.
If you have been working within IT for a number of years, are a Graduate or non-Graduate who simply has a passion for Computer Science, the National Security Academy could be for you. The programme will provide you with the technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to work with confidence in a wide variety of challenging business environments.
Whilst you progress through our National Security Academy we will support you through the UK Security clearance process up to DV level which will allow you to work with our more sensitive projects in support of the UK Government. To be successful in this role you must be eligible to apply for UK DV clearance.
The National Security Academy is delivered in partnership with QA Consulting and is located within one of QA’s world leading training centres based close to Manchester. With purpose built academy locations, candidates will learn and develop together and feel part of the programme from day one. On completion of the Academy, learners will then deploy into permanent roles in either London or Gloucester.
This role is suitable for graduates or non-graduates with experience looking to enhance their current skill or change careers.
Key Programme features
- An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building IT excellence.
- A strong foundation in practical interpersonal and business skills
- Business engagement skills with Business Analysis and Requirements Engineering
- Working in teams utilising Agile methodologies
- World class technical training in Software Development - Java, Application Support and Software Testing and DevOps
- Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed in one of the above roles most suited to you
- Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading intensive training by QA Consulting for 4 months, supporting your development to becoming a technical SME. The training will be held in QA Consulting’s Manchester Academy.
- Candidates will be Security Cleared at the highest level in order to support government contracts
- On completion of the training you will have achieved SFIA level 3 competency in Software Development, Testing Analysis and Application Support
- Support and mentorship for BAE Systems National Security professionals
- A demanding and rewarding career in National Security – making the world a safer place.
Should your initial application be successful, you will be contacted by the recruiter with further information. Likely assessment activities include:
- CV submission & review
- Aptitude testing
- Assessment Centre
- Medical & Security checks
Reward & Benefits
- £20k salary during training
- Market leading £26k salary upon Security Clearance and Academy graduation
- Fully funded training
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
If successful you will be contacted by our internal recruitment team and invited to assessment days throughout March and April. The start date for this role will be May 2019.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Applicants will be expected to be medically fit as deemed necessary to perform the role, be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve DV security clearance.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.