Lyst is a search and discovery platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
As a member of the App Core team you’ll be working on both the backend and frontend of our core product and supporting systems. The team are responsible for the collection of services that support the Lyst mobile app. The role will be to provide operational support for the system, as well as re-architecting it for these needs.
What will you be working on?
- Building new and maintaining existing features and functionality for our Mobile API
- Understanding business requirements to improve monitoring
- Integration with other APIs and services internal and external
- Documenting and being accountable for the stability of the system
- You’ll primarily be working with Python (Django)
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Postgresql, Redis, SQS, SNS
- Collaborating with product managers, mobile engineers, QA and designers
- Writing unit tests
Things that matter to us:
You are curious at heart and like to take ownership of something to make it better
You are detail oriented
You are a team player and communicate with your peers and other stakeholders in the company on a day to day basis
Being confronted with a difficult or strange problem makes you feel like a detective that wants to crack the mystery
Sense of ownership over products, features and services the team looks after
You have good experience dealing with legacy code
You like to build and improve dashboards to follow technical and business metrics
You have experience building for fault tolerance
- You get 29 days’ time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest. There’s also the 8 public bank holidays too
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day you start
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company, so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning and development, so all Lysters get £1500 to spend on courses and training
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Transport season ticket loans