Back End Web Developer
The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £114.9 billion of investments and over 900,000 customers worldwide. Our focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe, and we operate primarily in two main segments – Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won’t just find diverse, talented and friendly teams here. You’ll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development.
About the role
In this role your key responsibilities will be to:
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design, build, and maintain high quality, efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Provide L2/L3 support for applications within scope to ensure smooth operation and mitigate impacts to the rest of the business and our customers
- Maintain standardised best practices associated with the technology and application estate
- Drive collaborative approach to ensure the desired outcomes for Quilter.
- Drive continuous improvement within the software engineering practice.
The following skills are required for the role: Strong knowledge of more than one of the following:
- ASP.NET including web form development and MVC
- HTML and CSS
- Working within a CMS e.g. Episerver, Sitecore, etc.
- REST service development
- Working in an agile team environment (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience working with Episerver CMS, including certification
- Knowledge and experience of AngularJS, jQuery and other frameworks
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Design and Architecture Patterns
- Test Driven Development
- Proven track record within an IT function, including systems analysis, development.
- Experience in working with both Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Understanding of industry best practice and trends together with their application within a business context.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 24-26 days (depending on your grade)
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
Further information about this vacancy can be found within the job description below