Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
For more information visit www.costain.com
You will be working closely with a range of technology vendors including, Microsoft, Cloudflare, Palo Alto and Z-Scaler in providing the latest infrastructure, platform and software as-a-service capabilities to our products and clients.
You will be able to understand customer needs, business goals and working with our architects, implement technical solutions to ensure the best levels of performance, service and availability to clients. Actively participating in our internal, customer and supplier collaborations which are key ways of working as part of our agile teams.
• Thorough understanding of DevOps principles and infrastructure as code, applied with configuration management, automation and orchestration tools such as Terraform and ARM templates
• Understanding of programming patterns and constructs, our main language is PowerShell, but a fundamental understanding and an ability to learn is crucial
• Excellent working experience with Microsoft Windows system administration inc filesystem concepts etc.
• PowerShell scripting and the typical variety of PowerShell cmdlets with main focus on Azure PowerShell
• Experience of with Azure Networking, Firewalls, Load Balancing and Network Security Groups
• Working experience in creating and monitoring Azure based infrastructure applications
• The ability to troubleshoot issues and resolve to a high standard and aid our 3rd line support team
• Operating maintaining and managing cloud infrastructure at scale, ideally Azure but also experience in AWS and G-Cloud are favourable
• Experience of using source control systems, CI/CD, unit testing utilising the Azure DevOps tool set, its pipelines and repos
• Production experience with database technologies. (MySQL, MS SQL, Azure SQL)
• Understanding of Z-Scaler and Cloudflare technologies
• The ability to architect and design solutions that fit our customer and project needs
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.