Boomday is a tech start-up that presents an incredibly exciting opportunity to become part of a genuinely unique company. We are looking for a candidate who has the appetite and vision to help this start-up fulfil its potential of becoming a household name, and who is eager to progress quickly within the company.
Boomday is a video-centric social networking platform designed for the world of sport, health, and fitness. It provides a place for professionals, athletes, and enthusiasts to showcase, inspire, inform, and connect. Users are able to create a profile, view and upload videos, engage with content, advertise, and list their services on a map-based Industry directory. The platform consists of an iOS mobile app, a web-based platform, and a back-end content and user-management system. For more information you can visit www.boomday.com or Instagram (@Boomdayapp).
In preparation for our launch in September 2020, we are recruiting an Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer to support in the efficient running and maintenance of the Boomday platform.
We are seeking an experienced .NET Cloud developer with strong development and deployment knowledge to provide frontline operational support. Key to the role is quality of service and ensuring a performant technical environment for a smooth launch and system continuity. This Azure-hosted platform delivered via iOS and web apps has been developed to best practices with a significant investment and technical teams in two continents. The successful candidate will report to the Head of DevOps.
- Ensuring uptime, health and platform operational status
- Troubleshooting, triage and remediate / escalate issues
- Bridge between non-technical team members for operational and system understanding
- .NET Core Service Based Applications in C#
- Track record of implementing Azure services for app service delivery
- Strong operations and development experience
- Knowledge of Azure AppServices, PaaS, Application Insights and related Azure services
- Azure DevOps. Both YAML and legacy deployment pipelines.
- Outstanding ability to be agile, nimble and take responsibility for outcomes
- Experience in containerisation technology (Docker)
- Experience with alternate web platforms (Node)
- Microservices exposure
- Service Bus and eventing platforms
- Mobile App APM
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
By applying for this position, you agree to Boomday’s job applicant privacy notice, which is available on request.