AWS Cloud Engineer
Location: Cardiff/ London/ Bristol
The Cloud Services Dynamic Cloud Platform, FinOps, SecOps (and more) are part of the wider SIMPLIFY programme are looking for an experienced AWS Cloud engineer to help design, build and maintain our cloud platform. You will be contributing to our cloud strategy, implementing DevOps practices and working in an Agile fashion.
You will be assisting in maintaining our current AWS platform, as well as extending our current products and services to better support customers. You will be helping to extend the Dynamic Cloud Platform product lines to enhance our ability to adopt public cloud for the enterprise use cases.
The role holder will need to meet business objectives set in both quarterly wave plans but also a backlog of supporting activities that underpin a strongly governed platform; you will be solving business problems and influence future Public Cloud strategy and technical direction. The successful candidate will have a strong and varied technical background with full accountability for own work.
You will be expected to work on large multi-technology projects mostly using your skills on AWS. You will define and build through infrastructure as code; our security policies, processes and standard that are used across the team and engage with the wider platform teams to help them build secure new services on the platform. You will ensure that monitoring / streaming telemetry or logging data can be consumed in a secure manner by all tenants.
• Be responsible for design, implementation and operating the cloud platform
• Shaping technical best practices to guide the platform and the teams that operate within it
• Designing secure and scalable systems using your skills as a cloud engineer
• Working with other areas of the tribe to provide consistent ways of working
• Innovate and come up with new, novel ideas to help us run the platform and to improve experience for those who use it
• Consulting with teams to assist them on their journey to cloud
• Be able to dive deep in to technical details such as IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and architecture where required
Skills & experience
• An AWS certification of “associate” level or above
• 2+ years of experience of using AWS using - VPCs, Subnets, Security Groups, NACLs, Application Load Balancers, EC2 form factors, EBS and S3 Storage, KMS, CLI and AWS API, Code Pipeline, Code Commit, Code Deploy, AWS Cost Explorer, Session Manager, DynamoDB.
• In depth knowledge of cloud patterns
• Hands on development experience using Infrastructure as code, working with Jira, Gitlab, development processes
• Analytical mind-set, with strong attention to detail
• Understanding of key AWS Security features
• Ability to embrace change and continually learn
• Ability to question and challenge existing approaches/ways of working
• Able to acquire skills quickly
• Able to code solutions through Terraform or Cloud Formation or other means but also be aware of CI/CD pipelines and need to automate all tasks.
• A desire to automate tasks where possible
• AWS Advanced or Pro certification
• CIS security or Cloud security standards
• Knowledge of Linux / experience with Linux system administration
• Knowledge of Windows / experience administering Windows environments
• Python for Lambda tasks
• System configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
• Experience of monitoring metrics and tools, using CloudWatch
• Source control (SVN & Git)
• Knowledge of architecture, development and operation of critical systems within a DevOps environment
• Experience working with several agile workflow tools including: JIRA, Confluence, Agile
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth — one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.