We are currently recruiting for a skilled Technician to work in a garage located in Swindon. This well-established business is known for its customer service and attention to detail. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and the reliability of engines and mechanical systems.
An excellent Technician must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming for vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Proven experience as an auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Apprenticed served or relevant industry qualifications are required
- MIG welding essential
By applying for this role you give permission for Purely Recruitment to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Purely recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.