Main objective of the Role
To support the Automotive Underwriting Manager in delivering the objectives of the Automotive line of business on behalf of the UK Underwriting department.
The deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Safe-guarding the profitability of the UK BU by ensuring robust pricing procedures are followed,
- Ensuring underwriting terms are aligned with Allianz Partners Group Underwriting standards,
- Providing technical expertise to build and develop Technical Pricing models based on high quality analysis of internal and external data.
- Ensuring that high quality and detailed analysis is prepared for scheme performance and portfolio monitoring reviews,
- Ensuring clear and robust process in place for the Audit trail on quote request / pricing assumptions / approvals,
- Working with the wider business to ensure data quality is maintained at a level suitable for key pricing assumptions and performance reviews to be reliable,
- Keeping up to date with the latest regulatory and/or legislative developments applicable to the Automotive line of business and the wider Allianz Partners business,
- Keep up to date with new pricing / reserving / analytical / visualisation methods.
The role will also work closely with the Sales, Operations, and Finance Departments. The role will also work closely with the Product and Policy Wording Manager, a Product Analyst and the Commercial Reporting team.
Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 (A flexible approach will be required at times in order to meet Client or Internal Deadlines)
- Fulfilment of pricing as required by the Business in accordance with the Company’s underwriting guidelines.
- To maintain accurate records of all quotations provided including any proof of authorisation and any changes made to the final quotation from the original price proposal.
- To monitor on a regular basis the ongoing performance of business and to provide reports to the Finance department and Sales Team as required.
- To ensure accurate and timely new business and renewal quotations in conjunction with the appropriate Business Development Manager.
- To provide presentations to the internal Risk Committee for all Automotive line of business.
- To propose improvements in products to enhance profitability, policy wording and tax structures.
- To have knowledge of the practical application of any regulatory and/or legislative issues applicable to the Automotive line of business.
- To contribute on any development of new products or line of products.
- To support the business development teams as and when required which may also include attending client meetings.
You will also be responsible for the following;
Health & Safety
- To ensure that your work area is kept safe and tidy at all times.
- To abide by the Health & Safety Work Act 1974
- To notify the Company Health & Safety officer or the Managing Director of any Health & Safety issues which may cause harm to fellow employees
- To advise your Manager of any areas of work for which you require any additional training.
- Be available for training on new schemes/policy changes and skills as required
Quality Management System
- To work as a member of a department within the quality system and follow all documented quality procedures and instructions.
Key Performance Areas
- To work towards achieving 100% on all Company, departmental, team and individual key performance targets.
- To work within and be compliant at all times with all relevant regulations and legislation applicable to the role
- To manage or assist with relevant ad-hoc projects as required by the UK Underwriting Manager.
- Complete all appropriate administration required.
- Occasionally deputise for Automotive Underwriting Manager when asked.
- Support internal and external customers to meet stated aims of the UK BU.
- Contribute towards problem solving, planning, budgeting, reporting and communications with all stakeholders.
Physical Make-up & Appearance
- The role is based in an office environment and from time to time will be required to meet with external clients.
- Education: Strong Mathematical / Analytical / Science based Degree
- Computer literate particularly:
- Excel - Advanced including compound formulas, complex Functions & VBA
- Word - Intermediate including formal memos, letters & reports.
- PowerPoint – Intermediate including graphics, composition and presentation.
- Previous Technical Pricing experience building/maintaining pricing models and supporting data (preferably gained within an insurance or finance environment).
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with SAS or R would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills.
- Numerate and analytical.
- The ability to recognise and deliver excellent customer service.
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage tasks effectively to ensure compliance with quotation deadlines.
Aptitude & Personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, quick thinking, flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Responsible and confident approach to work duties
- Self/team motivator
- Quality focussed
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to make quick/sound decisions
- Problem solving
- Ability to prioritise workload/tasks
- Listen to other people’s ideas and point of view
- Strong eye for detail