We are looking for an experienced motor trade manager who already has a background in successful body shop management and is looking to lead and develop our client’s Exeter branch where you will help their people to be the best they can be, encouraging a culture where people innovate and are passionate about what they do.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Accident Repair Solution providers, servicing Fleet, Insurance and Accident Management sectors from eight locations within the South West and Home Counties region and a head office support facility based in Surrey. They operate a model similar to franchising whereby branches operate as profit centres but with extensive support services provided from the centre that help them to deliver a consistent customer experience under their brand, backed up with efficient systems, processes and support. Their vision is to deliver an outstanding customer experience by achieving best in class business processes, technologies and continuous improvement.
The Role of Bodyshop Manager
We are offering you the opportunity to work as part of our client’s group management team, based in Exeter with occasional travel, to use your experience and skills in areas such as growing the business, achieving high customer satisfaction and exceeding profit targets.
The role and responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Branch Manager will be responsible for delivering impressive sales and profit results from their Exeter body shop by leading the operation of a fast-paced paint & body centre, achieving optimal performance by driving and maintaining the focus of an efficient, highly trained and productive team.
Responsibilities will be varied, for example tasks will include;
• Overseeing the whole site and the effective utilisation and monitoring of resources including stocks, equipment and premises
• Managing, engaging and motivating a team including technicians, front of house and drivers to deliver the business plan and achieve colleague retention.
• Putting customer service at the heart of everything we do and personally managing any complaints to ensure they are resolved promptly and fairly.
• Reporting and engaging in the detail of the business to drive continuous improvement in all areas
• Working with the sales & marketing team to develop service solutions to secure new business and retain existing client satisfaction.
• Ensuring that all compliance, health & safety, BS10125, manufacturer approvals and high housekeeping standards are adhered to.
Who we are looking for:
To be successful for the role of Bodyshop Manager, you will:
• Be interested and passionate about what our client does and who they are.
• With an excellent job knowledge, be resilient and also have a strong commercial acumen, with the ability to learn quickly.
• Thrive on detail and analysis assisting you in decision-making and continuous improvement.
• Be a great communicator, able to think on your feet and be willing to get stuck into anything that will help the business run smoothly.
• Be happy juggling several tasks at any time and will clearly be able to see the wood for the trees.
What our client is offering
• A basic pay £50,000 with OTE circa £75k
• Company car and fuel allowance
• 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays (rising with service)
• Life assurance
• Employee assistance programme
• IMI (ATA) accreditation support
• Access to top quality training
• Normal working hours of 7.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (and occasional Saturdays).
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Automotive, motor, workshop, bodyshop, controller, manager, maintenance, repair,