Automation Engineer - Chester
A Highly motivated team of professionals who make sure GBG’s products and services are delivered to the customer meeting quality standards and the customer expectations.
GBG QA focuses on all aspects of testing including manual, automated and non-functional such as load, performance and stress testing. We are currently working towards the shift-left policy across all business units to identity defects at the earliest possible stage thereby cutting down the cost and improving the time and quality of delivery
You will be reporting into the QA lead, the candidate will be responsible to automate the testing of web based projects based on the requirements delivered from the business, ensuring that functionality of the system developed in-house is fully covered in the automation test suite to meet the high standards of quality expected by the business
What you will do
• Responsible for automating the testing of the software produced by the Development team
• Develop and maintain automated test cases and continually improve automation coverage
• Review and analyse the business and functional requirements, follow the test plans to produce appropriate test scripts, and produce the automated test suite using selenium Web Driver
• Produce quality test documentation (Test Plans, Test Scripts and Traceability) to agreed deadline.
• Attend and input to project kick off meetings to ensure a good understanding of potential testing requirements.
• Peer review other Automation work in line with Definition of done when required
• Report any problems or issues that may affect the agreed deadline to the line manager as soon as they are known.
• Liaise with the necessary parties during the automation process to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality.
• Produce reports of the testing conducted and inform the relevant parties of any issues raised.
• Evaluate third party software for the purposes of improving or automating the testing and associated procedures.
• Adopt a professional approach and behaviour when dealing with the business and user community.
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the Test Team by the sharing of technical and business knowledge.
• Carry out additional duties as directed in line with business needs
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for
• Ideally hold a testing affiliation
• Considerable experience in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, JUnit & Maven
• Good knowledge on languages/frameworks such as java, junit, TestNG, C#, .Net, Nunit and scripting languages such as VB script, java script, or shell scripts
• SOAP & REST web API Experience
• Experience in writing SQL queries; SQL scripts is essential
• Expertise in building up/implementing page objects (POM/page factories), externally data driving tests, keyword driven set up of assertions/check points, developing core methods for re-usability and hybrid automation frameworks
• Excellent experience of build tools like Maven and managing automation projects using them and reporting tools like Sure-fire Test Runner
• Experience with Version Control Software and code repositories (BitBucket, TFS, GitHub, etc)
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and associated tools (Jenkins, Hudson, Docker etc)
• Experience developing the automation scripts for end to end scenarios and maintaining the automation suites
• Experience in Code Review process and understanding of definition of done
• Experience working in agile environment and participating in sprint and scrum meetings
• Test Report production and support the other automation team members
• Good understanding of the testing documents and the test life cycle
• Ability to work well within a team and support others.
• Excellent communication and interactive skills to gather requirements
• Good documentation, technical and business analysis skills
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
• Flexible, resilient and able to change focus on demand.
• Commercial awareness and a commitment to the business.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Demonstrates ability to learn quickly within a continually changing, challenging environment.