Being publishing house and learning provider in one, Bookboon has been at the forefront of the digital learning industry for the past 5 years, with the ultimate mission to help companies create an inspiring learning environment for their staff. Our portfolio of clients includes names such as SAP, Panasonic, Kraft Heinz, UK Ministry of Defence, and many more.
These last few months however have catapulted the world to a new normal: online learning resources have become a necessity for remote workers. This has been a unique opportunity and advantage for our business and we are therefore planning on adding a lot of exciting new content to our platform.
As a result, we are looking to hire a new Author Recruiter to help us expand our network of authors and publish new relevant content.THE ROLE
In this role, you will hunt for great thinkers and thought leaders to win them as authors, experts, content creators and influencers for Bookboon, so the role is best suited for someone with a talent for networking and building strong business relationships. You will also need to be great at project management as you will work closely with book production team to ensure content is published on time and to the highest standard possible.
We aim to empower our employees to make decisions and seek solutions so that we as a company can move faster. Therefore, if you are also a results-oriented critical thinker who enjoys bringing about improvement in existing business processes, then this role is definitely for you.
Your core responsibilities in this role will be:
- Contact industry relevant authors, thought leaders and subject experts to win them as authors/content creators for Bookboon
- Ensure a strong pipeline of content that is aligned with our content strategy
- Commission, edit and manage titles through publication and oversee all aspects of the delivery of the content to ensure quality and consistency
- Work closely with copy writers, proof readers and the production team to keep titles on critical path; collating author and copy editor queries on to manuscripts when necessary
What you should bring along for this role:
- Previous experience in recruitment or similar roles is beneficial for the role
- Outstanding networking and relationship building skills
- Proactive attitude and driven by results
- A strong and highly effective communicator with natural influencing and negotiation skills
- Engaging and confident with a positive personality
- Work under pressure and at a fast pace
- Fluency in English is essential
- You MUST be fluent in one of the following languages: German, French or Dutch