As one of the UK firm's largest regional teams, KPMG's Reading office employs more than 400 professionals who work with companies across the Thames Valley. Our office is located conveniently just off junction 12 of the M4 and offers parking for staff. It is also a short walk from Theale train station.
KPMG Reading has a strong reputation for supporting Thames Valley’s thriving information technology and communications businesses. We also have a large pensions’ advisory capability and one of the largest expatriate advisory practices outside London.
By combining deep sector knowledge with innovative technology, we bring fresh thinking and practical approaches. Our specialist teams in audit, tax and advisory work together to help our clients achieve their goals, including growth strategy, people strategy, cyber security, digital transformation and technology solutions.
We are currently looking to recruit Audit Managers who will be based in the Reading office.
This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director and Senior Manager (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Recent experience as Manager in an external audit capacity, working with large, mixed sector corporate clients.
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
- Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Opening date: 18th November 2019
Closing date: 16th December 2019
Salary: Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits