|Job Title||Audit Managers - Pensions Audit, Watford|
|Service Line Information||At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||We are currently recruiting for an Audit Manager in our Watford office on either a full-time or part-time basis. Our audit clients, who are both listed and non-listed, vary in size from large multi-national groups through to small owner managed business based across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northants, Hertfordshire, North London and the surrounding areas. The National Markets London audit department also works in conjunction with other services including Corporate Tax, Deal Advisory, Pensions and Restructuring. |
Sitting within the NHC National Markets department is our London Region Centre of Excellence for pension’s audit. The team, led by a Director and supported by 1 other Director and 3 managers, is responsible for the audit of c.70 pension schemes based across the wider London Region and South East. Our schemes include defined benefit, defined contribution, hybrid and earmarked pension schemes, typically with assets up to £500million.
The London Region Centre of Excellence is one of 6 operating across the UK and as a firm, KPMG audit some 620 schemes including 45 of the top 100 schemes by size making us No. 1 in this market.
You will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
- To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working on your engagements
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
- Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
The Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
- Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
- Significant audit experience for pension schemes
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensions sector
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Opening Date: 8th May 2019
Closing date: 5th June 2019
Salary: Competitive plus negotiable benefits and bonus
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
|Applying with a Disability||As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy