Role Title: Audit Manager
Business: Internal Audit
New orExisting Role- Existing
- The role of the Audit Manager is to assist the delivery of audits, some of which may be major and/or highly complex, which provide internal customers and stakeholders with critical assessments of the HSBC governance, risk and internal control frameworks.
AnAudit Manager will:
- Ensure that audit assignments are executed within budget and in accordance with the management and oversight standards established within Global Internal Audit (GBL INA) as well as professional best practices;
- Ensure that the scope, approach and methodology of each audit are fully reflective of the importance of HSBC’s focus on its customers and the quality of the operating environment necessary to support that focus.
- Build trust and credibility with stakeholders in order to objectively engage them and where appropriate challenge their views.
- Complete audits with due respect to the regulatory environment
Inthis role, you will be responsible for:
- Either effectively section leading an audit scope area or leading small scoped audits and delivery of audit activity through planning and delivery of the annual audit plan within expected timeframe, standards and methodology, budget, while achieving quality of deliverables.
- Drive the co-ordination and collaboration to ensure consistent delivery of audit work across the Global Businesses and Global Functions.
- Engage with key stakeholders to provide strategic advice by utilising knowledge of the business and the governance, risk and regulatory frameworks.
- Managing the interface between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a common approach and understanding of key deliverables.
Accountabilities forBusiness, Customers and Stakeholders
Business expertise (i.e. commercialawareness, understanding of direct competitor products / services)
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the applicable Business, Functional, and Regulatory environment, including developing trends, risks, controls, and expectations.
- Support a strong risk and conduct culture across the Group and promote awareness and sound operational and strategic decision-making.
Nature of impact (i.e. does the roleset / significantly influence business or functional strategy, role criticalityto strategy)
- Devise, and develop relevant audit techniques and approaches to drive operational effectiveness and improve management of audit assignments.
- Use insights and knowledge of HSBC, the industry and current developments to assess areas of concern.
- Effectively execute the audit plan within the allocated budget and resources.
- Maintain constructive relationships with internal stakeholders.
Area of Impact (i.e. geographicalremit, complexity of products / businesses the role is accountable for)
- The geographical remit of the role covers UK and Europe
- The products / businesses the role is accountable for cover WPB (Private Banking and Asset
Interpersonal Skills (i.e. collaborationand networking external / internal, external / internal negotiation requiredand at what levels)
- Actively promote collaboration and sharing of ideas across INA.
- Contribute to the development of a results oriented, highly motivated, diverse and inclusive team.
- Coherently articulate audit findings to stakeholders and obtain commitment to correct control deficiencies.
- Effectively discuss potentially challenging matters and successfully negotiate the acceptance of audit findings and outcomes.
- Ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
Job functionalknowledge & experience (i.e. understanding of concepts / principles in owndiscipline and across disciplines)
Understanding of the key risks applicable to Life and/or GeneralInsurance Operations
Understanding of actuarial processes and controls
Understanding of key regulatoryrequirements, including solvency and capital management framework
INA values the diversity of perspectives, knowledge and experiences. Encourage candidates from an array of disciplines and backgrounds.
- Relevant work experience in the Financial Services Sector, consultancy, and external audit will be considered, but is not always essential.
- Relevant regulatory experience of Private Banking, Wealth and Asset Management and product knowledge.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or other relevant discipline.
- Relevant accounting, audit, analytical, financial, project management, programming, quantitative, risk, and technology skills, qualifications or certifications either obtained or in progress.
Problem solving (i.e. complexity andevaluative / analytical thinking involved in formulating solutions)
- Analytical and critical thinker, who can effectively manage competing priorities and complex challenges to deliver positive outcomes.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative methods to analyze and investigate challenging scenarios and situations.
- Produce smart, simple, and pragmatic solutions.
- Fluency in English, French, Cantonese, and Mandarin are also advantageous.
- Willingness to travel.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of ourorganizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought,background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive toimplement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive andperformance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from avariety of perspectives and strengthens our local and globalcompetitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage allqualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthensour local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforceand encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operatingin markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for ourcustomers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to beingan inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualifiedapplicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, genderidentity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to beable to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexibleworking arrangements and family friendly policies.