|Job Title||Audit & Assurance Assistant Manager - Health, Housing & Education|
|Service Line Information||At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||Role and Responsibilities: |
The Public Sector, is one of a number of key strategic growth areas for the firm, with ambitious targets for increasing the size of our business in the next three years. To support this growth, we are looking for qualified accountants to join the audit practice in one of our Midlands offices. As an Assistant Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Responsibilities will be varied, and can be tailored to support your particular career plan and skillset, but will include:
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audit and assurance projects.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Drafting reports and other outputs for reporting to management and Audit Committee.
- Delivering ad hoc internal audit or assurance reviews.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit & assurance issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business. This can include developing proposal documents and pitches to prospective clients.
You will also have access to KPMG’s extensive programme of training and development, not only allowing you to keep up to speed with technical training but with the opportunity for development of presentation skills, report writing, project management and performance management.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Preferably ACA, ACCA, or CIPFA qualified or equivalent with good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS; IIA and others considered
- External audit experience in Public Sector is essential
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
- Commercial focus
- Ability to think big picture, out of the box
- Strong technical skills
- Accountability and decision making ability
- Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
|Applying with a Disability||As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy