Job Description Summary:We are a flexible employer and can offer a range of flexible working patterns from part to full-time, as well as working from home.
Start Date: 19/05/2020
End Date: 18/06/2020
Who we are:
Grant Thornton is a leading Accounting and Advisory firm working with a big range of clients across the UK. We are a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. We have created our own unique culture, one that allows you to have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible structure, in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential.
Our clients are proud to work with us – they see that we help them unlock their potential for growth and recommend us to other similar, dynamic organisations. We are proud of our position in our local and regional markets and the reputation we have developed not just for the excellence of our client work but, as importantly, for the culture of our team.
• Our Assistant Managers are pivotal to client engagement and delivery.
• As an exam qualified ACA/ACCA, you will be taking the lead in client take-on, delivery, mentoring, and managing more junior members of staff.
• This is a client-facing role and you will also be starting to build your own client portfolio, ready for your transition to Manager.
• As part of the Pensions Audit team you will work closely with colleagues in other offices.
• This will give you the support you need to deliver excellent customer service.
• Preparing financial documents and reports for management, shareholders, statutory or other bodies;
• Auditing accounts and book-keeping records; prepares tax returns, advises on tax problems and contests disputed claim before tax official; conducts financial investigations concerning insolvency, fraud, possible mergers, etc.;
• Conducting investigations and advising management on financial aspects of productivity, stock holding, sales, new products, etc.
Who we're looking for:
• We are looking for collaborative individuals with good communication skills that want to work with a diverse client base.
• You will need to be an exam qualified ACA/ACCA and be passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential.
• You will need to demonstrate proven client facing experience within an Accountancy Practice and have experience in Pensions Audit.
• You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
• You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues.
You will need to be an exam qualified ACA/ACCA and be passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential.
If you are looking to challenge yourself and develop your career, please apply!