At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We are currently looking to consolidate our leading position within the Banking marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic qualified Accountants at Assistant Manager level within our Banking Audit department in London. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team and will benefit from extensive training, professional development and performance management to help you meet your professional goals.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development opportunities within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside Directors and Partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier banking clients.
As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Banking clients. The role will include senior level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include; Reviewing global engagement records in sentinel, Analysing and categorising the records, Contacting partners globally for engagement information, Preparing data and drafting Independence report , Liaising with UK Ethics and Independence team.
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function.
- Shows initiative, resilience and is able to multitask in a pressurised environment
- Has the ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with senior levels of management and off shore teams
- Shows the desire to work in a diverse environment and to gain exposure to an international working environment
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Qualifications and Skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential. We will also consider those who are tracking towards full qualification (both time and exam) in 2019.
- Recent and extensive external audit experience within a ‘Big 4’ or mid-tier firm is required
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience auditing banking clients is preferable but not essential
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP and CASS. Experience with US GAAP is preferable though not essential
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.