This is an exciting new position within our Hedge Fund team in London.
As an Associate Manager, there is normally significant client interaction. Responsibilities also include managing client deliverables, adherence to SS&C policies, escalation, process improvements, and staff training.
Given the location and nature of this role designed to specifically focus on UK client support and act as a conduit between client and several internal teams overall model support and comprehensive understanding of Back Office operations will be critical. The ability to manage day to day operations of the team, ensuring all SLA’s are being met, managing organizational reporting requirements while working directly with the client on development requirements will also be required.
Depending on the client assignment, staff management, training, and development may also be a responsibility.
- Performing month-end close processes.
- Accurate calculation of fund NAV’s (daily, weekly & monthly).
- Oversight of global team members two to three.
- Production of investor allocations and calculation of management/incentive fees.
- Working with various products (bonds, swaps, ABS, equities, options, FX repos and futures).
- Working with a global team which is responsible for reconciling corporate actions, cash/positions, pricing and calculating daily P&L.
- Supporting all aspects of ad/hoc reporting.
- Working with auditors/client to prepare financial statements.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred.
- Experience of Accounting / Finance-related work experience.
- ACCA / ACA / CPA / CFA / MBA a plus.
- Relevant experience/knowledge of hedge fund accounting with experience in investment operations and fund administration is preferred.
- Strong understanding of complete NAV cycle processing and detailed review.
- Experience in audit/financial statement process, addressing both client and auditor quires.
- Experience in investor allocations, calculation of complex management and incentive fee structures a must.
- Advent Geneva and HedgeTek software knowledge a plus.
- Strong Excel knowledge (Vlookup, Sumif, Pivot Table),
- Leadership and staff management experience a must.
- Exceptional organisational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Team player and self-starter, individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Detail- and procedure-oriented
SS&C Hedge Fund Services provides Fund Administration services to various hedge fund managers. This includes various services to clients, including net asset value calculations, daily reconciliations, financial reporting, investor economic allocations, and trade operations.
Will be part of the SS&C team that provides various Operations and Accounting services to hedge fund clients. This includes net asset value calculations, fund reporting, financial analysis, reconciliations, investor economic allocations, and trade operations.
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.