Role Title: GBMTransformation Services Associate Director
New or Existing Role:New
- GBMTransformation Services is a key department within the Global Banking &Markets Chief Operating Office and is responsible for developing and drivingtransformational change and innovation globally for GBM.
- ATransformation Services Associate Director is required to drive the delivery ofcomplex, large scale, strategic transformation within GBM, working withmultiple stakeholders across Transformation Services and the wider GBM.
- Theresponsibilities for this role will include
- Managingthe delivery of multiple, multi-scale, GBM Transformation programmes &projects that achieve strategic business outcomes.
- Defining,planning and managing the entire scope of work and all resources required todeliver projects on time, to cost and quality
- Ensuringthe design and development of change that aligns with Group standards,corporate & business strategy and relevant regulatory and operational riskcontrols.
- Managingthe reporting of progress, issues, dependencies and risks to committees andmaking recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintainprogress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- Managementof programme budgets & resources
- Extensivecollaboration across global teams within Transformation Services and the widerGBM COO to ensure buy-in & alignment
- Assistingin the integration of complex operational activities with communications toexecutive management where necessary.
- Drivingthe use of the Transformation Lifecycle and Agile methodologies across GBM
- Leadingworking groups & brainstorming sessions to identify appropriate solutionsto business problems
- Management of Risk
- Thejobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart ofeverything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achievedby consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values andculture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, includingnotification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action inrelation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- Thejobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in theirday to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group hasadopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand theirposition within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line withoperational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure ofactions required.
- Throughthe implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supportingGuidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informeddecisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime RiskAppetite.
Knowledge &Experience / Qualifications
- Thesuccessful candidate will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Experienceof delivering complex transformation projects or programmes; with a trackrecord of strategic transformation delivery.
- Strongunderstanding and experience of using the Transformation Lifecycle orequivalent project management methodology
- Agileexecution trained with strong familiarity in design thinking (process analysis,target operating models and solution design)
- Technicalknowledge of big data, automation, distributed ledger technologies or digitaldelivery
- Subjectmatter expertise of at least one business or function within GBM
- Abilityto prioritise work within competing demands, to successfully deliver servicesto agreed levels in a diverse and constantly changing technical and businessenvironment
- Excellentwritten and oral communications skills
- Experienceof running workshops and presenting at Executive Committee level
- Strongstakeholder management skills – managing multiple personas across multiplebusinesses and regions
- Experienceof managing global teams
- Abilityto understand the business, product or service area and work to resolve issuesquickly, accurately and with confidence
- Experiencein driving strategy discussions on a macro level for a business line orfunction
- Awarenessof emerging external trends in economyand industry in order to identify strategic opportunities
- Abilityto design solutions that encompass new ideas and Innovation & embed theseinto projects and programmes
Under the Company'sinternal 'Back to Front'/’Front to Back’ transfer policy this role may beclassed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhancedapprovals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Officedepartment, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance).
As a business operatingin markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for ourcustomers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to beingan inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualifiedapplicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, genderidentity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to beable to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexibleworking arrangements and family friendly policies.