HireRight are looking for an Associate Counsel to join their team in London.
Job Title: Associate Counsel
Salary: Highly Competitive
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
HireRight is a leading provider of on-demand employment background screening, drug and health screening and employment eligibility solutions that help employers worldwide to automate, manage and control their background screening and related programs. In the HireRight group, we strive to make organizations around the globe more successful by providing intelligent solutions for smarter employment decisions. Our employees share a commitment to teamwork and progress, as well as a dedication to helping us maintain our position as the industry leader.
Many companies, including more than one-third of the Fortune 500, trust HireRight because the company delivers customer-focused solutions that provide greater efficiency and faster results. HireRight also provides pre-integrated employment screening services through e-recruiting solutions from top providers such as Oracle, Taleo, Kenexa, SAP, ADP/VirtualEdge, PeopleAdmin, HealthcareSource and HRsmart. HireRight's worldwide headquarters is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA, and the HireRight group of companies includes HireRight, LLC (USA), HireRight, Ltd. (UK), HireRight Canada Corporation, and other global entities.
Associate Counsel - Accountabilities:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing a range of legal documents including multi-jurisdictional terms of business, vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements, data protection agreements, and licence and subscription agreements
- Reviewing various internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local jurisdiction and with HireRight's internal policies.
- GDPR and other privacy matters.
- Compliance reviews.
- Answering general legal enquiries; many of which relate to client and/or supplier engagements and contracts.
- Carrying out research into new legislation and regulation and gaining a deep understanding of the potential impact on HireRight's business.
- Answering other legal-related questions across the HireRight group companies.
- Providing ad-hoc support to the business as and when required.
- The successful candidate will support HireRight's International development and strategic project activities, including acting as legal team leader on specific projects, troubleshooting when difficult or sensitive issues arise and acting as a resource for legal teams in other HireRight group companies.
Associate Counsel - Experience:
- 5 years of experience practicing law, including a significant focus on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- 3 years' experience as in-house counsel strongly preferred
- Substantive contracting experience in regulated industries strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other laws and regulations affecting the background screening industry ideal
Associate Counsel - Knowledge & Skill:
- Must have extensive knowledge and skills gained through wide-ranging experiences in a field(s) that require diverse practices or procedures
- Has developed depth or breadth of a complex product, market and functional knowledge in own area.
- Has a good understanding of industry issues and business trends.
To submit your CV for this excellent opportunity, press 'Apply' today!