Who is BGRS?
At BGRS, we create customized mobility solutions that transform mobility into a driver of recruitment, development and retention. We are proud to be the partner of choice for many of the world's most recognizable brands, including 35% of the Fortune 100 as well as the governments of the United States and Canada. Our diverse client portfolio represents a variety of industry segments.
BGRS is all about mobility. Come join one of the leading companies in global talent mobility, partnering with some of the largest organizations in the world to keep their employees on the move. We are committed to keeping our own talent on a career growth trajectory by fostering an engaging environment with development opportunities that create success for our clients and you. We support our employees by offering a flexible, innovative environment that allows them to focus on their clients and careers. We look forward to you joining our team and experiencing the power of what talent mobility can achieve.
BGRS is in search of an Associate Counsel – Compliance to oversee and lead BGRS's Compliance Team. The Compliance Team is a function of the BGRS Legal Department, and this role will report to the Associate General Counsel. The Qualified Candidate will be responsible for the overall strategic vision and direction of the Compliance Team and will proactively administer BGRS's compliance program. The Qualified Candidate is expected to build effective relationships with business unit leaders and develop strong partnerships with BGRS's Legal and IT teams.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop and cultivate the overall strategic vision, direction, and collaborative leadership for BGRS's Compliance Team.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Develop, administer and continuously refine BGRS's Third Party Due Diligence Program.
- Lead BGRS's Security Incident Response Program, including investigation, diagnosis and resolution.
- Provide cross-functional organizational education of Compliance issues.
- Advise on day-to-day privacy and data security issues.
- Develop and execute compliance audits to evaluate adherence to regulations and company policies.
- Manage the investigation of ethics allegations and oversee the development and implementation of any remedial measures to correct deficiencies.
- Draft reports related to risk assessment, monitoring and auditing activities.
- Conduct legal analysis of the applicable privacy laws (state, federal and international) and regulations as applied to the company's business lines and subsidiaries and identifies related compliance issues.
- Establish company policies and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable US and regional laws, rules and regulations, company practices and standards, and best practices in an evolving regulatory environment, including anti-trust, data privacy and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Monitor the Compliance Program and related activities of various departments on an ongoing basis, taking appropriate steps to remain abreast of compliance matters, identify trends, and improve the program's effectiveness.
- Monitor changes to local privacy laws and make recommendations when appropriate.
- Oversee data privacy for BGRS on a global basis, including monitoring compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other applicable data protection laws as well as policies established by controllers or processors for the protection of personal data.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison for external supervisory and data protection authorities and regulatory agencies on all data protection related matters under the GDPR.
- Work with key internal stakeholders in the review of projects and related data to ensure compliance with local data privacy laws, and where necessary, complete and advise on privacy impact assessments.
- Lead the Compliance Team providing work oversight, employee development, coaching and training as appropriate. Responsible for all aspects of people management.
What You Bring to BGRS
- Juris Doctorate required from an ABA accredited school in the United States, or an LLB and a GDL from an accredited university in the United Kingdom.
- License to practice law in any state in United States, or as a qualified Solicitor or Barrister within England or Wales.
- Minimum of 7 years legal experience (law firm and/or regulatory or compliance experience followed by in-house corporate role is preferred)
- At least 2 years as a people leader with demonstrated ability to lead/coach others.
- Experience as a privacy officer is preferred
- At least 2 years' experience with GDPR and working knowledge of CCPA.
- At least one Data Protection and/or Privacy certification such as, CIPP, CIPT, ISEB, etc., is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of data protection and information security laws, rules and regulations, as well as industry leading-practices and standards.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Innovation skills. Self-starter, high level of initiative, proven proactive thinker.
- Detail oriented, excellent judgment and exceptional time management with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Able to communicate in a professional manner both internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment.
- Performs well under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and willing to handle a variety of tasks across a broad range of substantive areas and to learn new areas quickly.
- Support company policies, goals, and core values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research and organizational skills.
What BGRS Offers
- Competitive salary and incentive plans
- Workplace flexibility for a balanced work/life approach
- Comprehensive benefits packages and wellness program
- Generous company-paid vacation days and holiday time
- Challenging, collaborative, diverse corporate culture
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and career development
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, BGRS embraces diversity and, as such; is dedicated to considering all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and parenting status, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by law. Employment may be subject to additional background checks, drug testing and fingerprint processing.
and any other characteristic protected by law.