Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters. For more information, please visit www.HL.com.
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2018, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, and were ranked in the top 10 most active global M&A advisors, according to Thomson Reuters.
Our Industrials Group had another record year and was ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. industrial transactions by Thomson Reuters in 2018. Over the past decade, we have built one of the largest industrials groups. We cover the entire industrials market from a ground-up, subsector-specific model, with senior-level bankers dedicated to each of our primary coverage areas.
Our focus and transaction experience in these sectors enable us to provide our clients with access to top decision makers at leading strategic and financial firms worldwide. Our firsthand knowledge of global players and the industry gives us insight into a variety of corporate strategies and negotiating tactics, as well as the most up-to-date local and international market intelligence—making us a trusted, objective financial advisor to our clients.
As Associate in the Industrials Group, you will work on corporate finance engagements for companies in the Industrials sector, primarily in industrial technologies, environmental technologies, metals and mining, aerospace & defense, and building products. The group's engagements principally include sell-side and buy-side M&A transactions and capital raising assignments. As a dedicated member of our transaction team you will be responsible for supporting these assignments.
In addition to executing transactions, the Industrials Group is responsible for providing industry-specific knowledge and expertise to the firm. As a member of our team, you will be required to develop industry intelligence and analysis to support this effort, including evaluating financial statements, general economic and industry developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various attributes of publicly traded and private securities.
As Associate , you will:
- Prepare, analyze and help explain historical and projected financial information
- Create financial models
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence
- Prepare confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations
- Conduct research on sectors, companies and potential buyers
- Value companies and businesses
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients and prospective clients and professional advisors
- Supervise and train junior staff members
- Assist in planning of engagements
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards staff with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients. Associates are given substantial responsibility and are encouraged to help us grow our business.
The ideal candidate thinks strategically, is motivated, detail oriented, creative, outgoing, and possesses excellent quantitative skills.
The following general qualifications are required:
- 3-4 years of investment banking experience in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Demonstrable experience in executing sell-side and buy-side transactions
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills
- Strong analytical abilities and knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory
- Excellent understanding of financial statements analysis with the ability to work through key assumptions, implicit caveats, and limitations
- An excellent understanding of financial valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with team members
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and hit deadlines in a highly organised manner
- An independent, solutions-focused mind-set
- An exceptional work ethic
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/DV