Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak 30 languages.
Our mission at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
Our Edinburgh office is located in the centre of Edinburgh’s old town, nestled at the foot of the ancient hill of Arthur’s Seat and the beautiful modern buildings that house the Scottish Parliament.
What does the Cloud Operations team do ?
Cloud Operations are our team of super-human Engineers who support our customer’s cloud infrastructure as a managed service.
We have an awesome Bi-Modal service that offers our customers peace of mind with enterprise level, ITIL driven support, as well as offer all the agile, funky advantages that DevOps and Automation provides. They get their hands dirty across a wide range of technologies including AWS, Azure, GCP, Linux, MS SQL, Chef, Splunk, Lambda and and many more.
The Associate Cloud Engineer's main role is to delight our customers by helping resolve issues in a timely manner, always engaging in a cloudy way. You will act as the first point of contact for our customers, triaging calls and delegating tasks to the various teams within Cloud Operations. You will also get the opportunity to action a large portion of these calls to empower you to build your technical knowledge base, skill up at light speed and work with our talented team of engineers.
How will you spend your days ?
- Help the Operations team to create a fantastic experience for our Ops customers, ensuring that the customer is receiving the top-tier service that they expect.
- Act as the first point of contact for our customer support via phone, self service portal, and email.
- Help deliver 24/7 support to our customers by participating in day, evening, and weekend shift rotation
- Validate, investigate, and resolve calls raised in our ITSM tool in line with Service Contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Triage customer calls efficiently, delegating tasks to larger Core Operations team when necessary
- Work with industry-leading partners and tools to enhance our service delivery to customers.
- Adhere to ISO27001 best security practices in all aspects of service delivery
- Develop skills while working in the Case and Change teams and participate in the Ops team role rotation (Incident Manager, Zenoss Manager, Change Chief etc..).
- Take ownership of Individual Development Plan with input and mentorship from Leads.
- Share knowledge by contributing to the Cloudreach wiki.
- Help train new Cloudreachers!
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- We are growing massively and there are huge opportunities for professional development across all of our Business Units. Within Cloud Operations, there are opportunities to move into DevOps, Technical Team Leadership, Management, Service Delivery and many others. For someone with loads of energy and ambition, the sky’s the limit!
- We have offices all over Europe and and North America so if you ever fancied trying a new country on for size, we would love to help you do that.
How do you stand out ?
- Be an optimistic, pragmatic and proactive individual who really enjoys delighting customers
- Be competent with Windows and Linux systems, with little assistance required on both
- Ability to program/script or have the desire to learn in Python, Ruby, Powershell or Bash
- Experience working in an Operational/Support Team role is a plus
- Champion first-class customer service by interacting confidently with customer via, phone, email, and in face-to-face meetings
- Have a genuine interest in cloud technology and how it can enhance our business, customers’ businesses, and the IT industry
- Good grasp of the DevOps mindset and how it can be applied to our Core Operations service delivery by highlighting opportunities to automate.
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor and new smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Our office in the Tun is filled with free drinks and snacks, an Xbox One and big screen TV, pool table, foosball, bean bags and sofas.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Discount on private healthcare scheme and gym membership. Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret destination in Europe.