Associate, Prescient Advisory, Ealing, London
Have you decided biopharma consulting is for you? Are you looking to become the catalyst between clinical and commercial success? Prescient is looking for life science consultants with advisory experience to join us as an Associate for our growing Advisory business in London. Do you have experience in and a passion for:
- Conducting primary and secondary research to support clients?
- Supporting highly complex biosimilars, oncology, immunology, CVMD or rare disease projects?
- Understanding the complex and evolving biopharmaceutical industry, distilling the key trends and the implications thereof.
If so, consider turning your expertise into a valuable career at Prescient.
About Prescient Advisory
Prescient Advisory, a Prescient Healthcare Group business, is a specialist advisory firm focused on helping biopharmaceutical clients create clinical and commercial strategies that deliver differentiated and valuable brands. Our experts with PhDs, MDs and MBAs combine deep therapeutic and functional expertise with a passion for helping develop, launch and market medicines that expand treatment options, optimise patient outcomes and deliver high levels of return.
About the Opportunity
As an Associate, your time will be divided as follows:
- 40% conducting secondary research on clinical, commercial and market topics
- 20% conducting primary research with KOLs and biopharmaceutical market experts
- 20% conducting value-adding analyses to support client solutions
- 20% preparing client deliverables and presentations with impactful insights
You will be part of a fast-growing PE-backed business that allows high-performing employees to make an impact and be part of our growing team. You will have the chance to channel your advanced degree into strategising the development and commercialisation of portfolios, assets and brands by integrating therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise to ensure that clients are able to make confident decisions.
You will join a start-up team with an established client base and play an important role in implementing its growth strategy. You will be responsible for supporting successful advisory engagements across our clients’ product and company life cycles, and for supporting revenue growth within both new and existing accounts. Many projects will involve global client stakeholders; therefore, knowledge of drug development and commercialisation in global markets is also desirable.
- Reporting: You will report to an Engagement Manager within our Advisory business
- Time Allocation: 75% of your time will be spent in office and 25% in domestic or international travel (for client meetings, conferences and inter-office visits)
- Professionalism: Act with 100% professionalism at all times, demonstrating high levels of respect, integrity and support for colleagues and in our interactions with clients
- Ownership: Take pride in and full responsibility for meeting high levels of performance in work process and output; take charge of own professional development and proactively seek opportunities for growth
- Learning agility: Demonstrate a strong willingness to learn and a 'can-do' attitude; showcase ability to gain expert status on a new topic, and create an impact within the team and with clients
- Effective time management: Demonstrate an ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment through efficient planning and demonstrating a nose for value
- Mentorship and coaching skills: Demonstrate an ability and willingness to invest in people development and coaching
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Demonstrate an ability and willingness to take risks, work in a non-hierarchical environment and take step-up/step-down roles to support strong outcomes
- Ethical behaviour: Act as a role model in line with company and client codes of ethics and processes; represent the company and promote its reputation to a high standard
Required Experience and Skills
- One or more of the following degrees: PhD, MD or MSc in a science- or biotechnology-related field
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience, of which at least 1 year is in consulting
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience conducting primary market research and analysing secondary data sources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Desire to make a difference to clients’ business by developing deep insights and driving clients to action on difficult business topics
What We Offer
- Competitive package and remuneration linked to performance
- Opportunity to work with large global biopharmaceutical clients on tough business problems related to their asset and brand strategy
- High-growth, entrepreneurial environment where you can create significant client and business value and forge your own path
- Platform for accelerated professional development and career growth with significant levels of responsibility and accountability thanks to our Advisory business’ flat hierarchical structure
- Opportunity to work in extraordinary teams that are driven by personal learning and client impact
About Prescient Healthcare Group
At Prescient, science is at the core of everything we do. We are a biopharma product and portfolio strategy partner that specialises in turning the science of molecules into optimal patient outcomes and client value. Across therapeutic areas, we help develop winning strategies. When companies partner with us, a molecule in their hands has greater potential for success than the same science in the hands of their competitors.
Founded in 2007, Prescient is a partner with global reach and recognised capabilities, with six offices across three continents. Our team of more than 150 experts works with 22 of the top 25 biopharmaceutical companies, the fastest-growing mid-caps and cutting-edge emerging biotechs, including some of the biggest and most innovative brands. More than 80% of our employees hold advanced degrees, and our teams deliver an impressive depth of therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise, a wealth of relevant experience and knowledge of best practices and common pitfalls.
Prescient has been a portfolio company of Baird Capital since 2017. For more information, please visit: www.prescienthg.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and fully comply with applicable legislation in all of the geographies in which we operate. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws.