Associate Director, Marketing
Illumina's business in Emerging Markets has been rapidly expanding during the last few years and we've been working closely with our distributors to help customers in clinical, academic and pharma labs use NGS for a wide range of applications, including oncology, genetic disease, molecular research and COVID-19 investigations. We have a strong team of distributors in the region and are now looking to strengthen our business with an experienced Marketing professional.
You will manage Illumina's marketing functions for the emerging markets within the EMEA region, working with our Partner Managers Sales Team and Channel Partners (distributors) to generate awareness, create product interest and leads converting to sales opportunities and fosters long-term customer relationships.
Reponsible for driving, supporting, to facilitate and enable colleagues in the sales teams and Channel Partners to help reach company’s revenue goals. You will translate your deep market insights and product knowledge into competitive strategies and tactics, developing strategy and implementing a strong marketing plan for the region.
- Develop and execute marketing plans for key market areas of responsibility
- Accountable for the success of areas of responsibility
- Develop go to market strategies and drive execution of those strategies with clear milestones and action plans in close collaboration with Marketing Communication, Scientific Affairs, Medical Affairs, Market Access and other departments; assist with planning and execution of regional marketing programs, events and campaigns related to segments and products
- Responsible for assuring alignment of activities and product strategies with internal staff, Channel Partners and other parties
- Solicits and communicates voice of field and voice of customer internally to inform product development team; recommend and justify new product developments or product or service enhancements to address needs for improving sales potential and customer satisfaction
- Translate customer experiences and needs into requirements (including key applications and workflows) and communicate back into segment marketing
- Synthesize customer experiences and desires into new growth concepts
- Responsible for collection, measurement evaluation and communication of information relating to the effectiveness of marketing activities
- In collaboration with sales management and Channel Partners identify and help in developing and delivering sales trainings
- Summarize and communicate regional field information, especially as it relates to competitive activity
- Enable Channel Partners and sales colleagues to successfully penetrate new segments, regions and markets through in field scientific and business support including education and content presentation in collaboration with other departments when needed
- Create, maintain and coordinate KOL networks and speaker’s bureau within the area of responsibility in collaboration with other functions as needed
- Develop in region Scientific Societies engagement plans in collaboration with Market Dev counterparts
- Conduct expert panel programs to foster two ways of information
- Partner with Market Access and Government Affairs to drive market access in countries of responsibility
- Monthly reporting with timely activity reports and updates
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Be the strategic lead for the Channel Partners and develop and execute marketing plans for the main Channel Partners
- Form an emerging region Management Team with the Country Sales Managers and Service and Support Manager and as a team provide information and guidance to the revenue planning, monthly forecast review and quarterly business review
- Drive adoption of the EMEA marketing programs by the Channel Partners
- Solicit and consolidate input from Channel Partners and field staff within the region to provide in depth market analysis insight to the Company regarding customer and market opportunities and challenges
- Assist Channel Partners and Field Sales Specialists in providing guidance for positioning and identifying customer targets
- Ensure regional alignment around sales messaging, customer targeting, use cases and market segment prioritization
- Work with Channel Partners to develop and drive local marketing activities based on a clear understanding of customer needs; activities may include virtual (digital) promotional activities and live events such as trade shows, seminars, user meetings, product launch events etc.
- Work with the Marketing Communications Manager to define strategies, budgets, priorities and execution for all the above activities
- Represent the company during seminars and tradeshows or other activities such as customer visits including presenting lectures
- Attend all required meetings and training sessions, consequently implementing new skills gained and key activities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities
- Master’s Degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology or other related science field
- Experience in marketing/business development/sales roles preferably with marketing program development, product awareness/promotion or related experience
- Extensive experience working with distributors in Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe, Russia and/or other EMEA regions
- Experience with genomics technologies, products and/or applications in life science research/diagnostics with extensive knowledge and understanding of leading genetics technologies and how they can be applied, would be useful.
- Ability to communicate in languages commonly spoken in the area of responsibility is a plus, so Russian, Arabic, Turkish or African languages
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.