DISCOVER your opportunity
As an Assistant Underwriter you will support the Underwriters in all tasks related to the underwriting and administration support. You will work closely with our Underwriters supporting them in their activities associated with renewals, maintenance of the accounts and on models and systems. As a strong team player you will assist the team in data quality assurance and continuous development of best practice in Business Services. You will utilize your strong communication and relationship building skills as you work closely with the underwriters, clients and various functions and departments within the company.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will youressential responsibilities include?
- Underwriting under guidance (within limits); preparing individual cases for pricing and modelling, liaising with Actuaries to deliver technical pricing to Underwriter; using modelling systems to aid the underwriting process; conducting research as requested by Underwriter.
- Where granted, you must operate within your defined authority level which will be commensurate with your skills and knowledge. This authority will be periodically reviewed as your experience grows and you demonstrate the competence as well as confidence to exercise it
- Conducting pre-underwriting for renewals, handling endorsements on active business, conducting specific analyses for new business, and following up on renewals.
- Preparing monthly reports.
- Entering information into the underwriting systems.
- Developing an internal network for facilitating the transfer of information and data between functions and departments in order to service the requirements of the underwriters and clients.
- Assist the business group in maintaining and developing their book of business while developing the necessary skill sets and defined authority to accept risk in the underwriting of a profitable account.
- Understand the strategy and financial targets of AXA XL and those applicable to the business unit. You will be set appropriate individual targets and goals that support delivery of the business plan.
- Attending internal and external meetings with clients and brokers.
You will report to a Senior Underwriter.
SHARE your talent
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Proven experience of working within an underwriting environment
- A personal drive for excellence, a track record of exceeding expectations and a flair for innovation.
- Able to perform tasks according to established procedures, with some ability to exercise discretion
- Uses judgment to identify and solve day to day problems in straightforward situations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think quickly and innovatively working at all times in a disciplined manner.
- You will be confident and comfortable to take personal responsibility for your work but will also be a strong team player.
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to new conditions and requirements, externally in the market or internally within a changing Organization.
- You will have good interpersonal skills and an interest in business development
- Relevant professional designations or be progressing along the way to achieving such designations: You will be expected to undertake professional studies where these are not already held commensurate with the roles and responsibilities.
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
We know that a diverse workforce and inclusive culture enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attracting and retaining the most diverse workforce possible, while creating a strong, inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and can contribute and reach their highest potential.
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index – 2017, 2018
- Signatory to the CEO Action for Diversity
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
- Twelve Colleague Resource Groups around the Globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits